Computer shows no display

Celsiuss

Oct 2, 2013
Hello I just recently bought a M5a97 mobo and when i plug in all my stuff it won't display anything, the thing is ive tried the psu and cpu fan in an older computer and it works fine. The motherboard ijust got came with a processor (960t BE) Also i got this motherboard because the old one i bought (MA770T-UD3P) wouldn't boot (would post and hang but not boot), but this board (M5A97) doesn't even display at all. The graphics card seemed to work since i could see the splash screen and got to the post screen where it would hang up all the time or either enter a blue screen saying "CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR - DEFAULT LOADED" (MA770T-UD3P board). So I tried to test my stuff in another one (M5A97). Tried both processors in each motherboards i get the same results. The MA770T-Ud3P board displays the type of processors so that wouldn't be the problem? The ram shows like ddr3 unganged mode 1066 or something. I have read somewhere that the gpu can be the cause of these hangs. I have a 2400 xt in the board, could that be the problem?

specs:
gpu: 2400 xt
ram: 4GB pny ram
cpu: 960t Black Edition, (also used phenom ll b59 "phenom 565 c3")
psu: EP-650-TD1
cpu fan: Hyper 212+

I have posted this elsewhere and nobody has replied and idk what to do pls help

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
It could be the CPU. Have you tried removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes? You tried the CPU in both boards?

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
It could be the CPU. Have you tried removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes? You tried the CPU in both boards?

He has two different processors and both appear to be having the same issue.

I would swap out the RAM and try again. Is the RAM one stick or two?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
According to their site, the Gigabyte board would need BIOS F12 or higher to support either CPU, so that could be the issue there.

If this is the Asus board you have, both CPUs should be compatible, so I would look at other things, such as RAM compatibility.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97/#support