Computer Restarts without BSOD, Power Kernel 41 (63) error.

ChrisDamm

Nov 3, 2013
Hello everyone.

My problem is that my computer suddenly started to shutdown in the middle of nowhere. It have happened for a month now, but getting worse and worse for each day.

When it shut downs it will try and turn itself on, but is stuck in a never-ending boot-loop, until its shutdown completely and i wait an hour or 2, sometimes minutes are enough.

My windows log tells me that its a Power Kernel 41 (63) error.

This is what i have already researched and done so far:

1. Overnight Memtest = RAM is showing no errors
2. Voltage from BIOS seems alright? 3.3V, 5V and 12,2V for the 3.3V, 5V and 12V marks.
It primarily happens when the PC is working hard, so 3D software like Autodesk programs and PC games. So i downloaded OCCT to test the PSU and GPU since i read that it is most likely one of those that is the problem.
3. Both the PSU and the GPU 3D test made the computer shutdown within minutes of the test. The temperatures didn't seem out of the ordinary though.

So now i am stuck in the process of finding out if its the GPU or PSU.
Bought a new GPU in August, 2013 and that was working fine for that month or so, until the error started occurring late September.

I hope someone can bring me some light, maybe tell me if i can narrow the problem down further. :)

Thank you in advance.

- Chris

CRCSUX

Dec 10, 2012
What are your cpu/gpu temps while running OCCT? does it reset whilst running OCCT?
What watt is your psu?
Are all your fans spinning? psu/cpu/gpu/case.
What gpu/cpu/mobo are you using?
What windows are you running?
I assume when you say shutdown you mean turn off suddenly.

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
What PSU do you have?

Last time I used a cheap PSU I used to have trouble starting my PC up, and sometimes it would crash for no reason.

nightspydk

Sep 7, 2012
Have you disabled automatically restart.
System -> advanced system settings -> startup and recovery (windows).
You'll get a bsod.. post from there.