Computer backup software

mathusiva

Feb 2, 2012
Hi all,

I am very new to this forum..

I have a home laptop running Windows XP. I want to take a backup of it (including the OS)...I want to restore from the backup instead of reinstalling Windows incase of any system failure...

Any suggestions..?

Thanks!
Siva.

DirkGently1

Mar 31, 2011
The built in Win7 image backup is plenty competent. No bells or whistles, just does what it's designed to, very well.

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
The built in Win7 image backup is plenty competent. No bells or whistles, just does what it's designed to, very well.

That's what I've been using... it looks like it does a pretty good job, with the caveat that I've not had to use the actual image itself for backup.

I tried Acronis... I could never get it to back up my system... :rolleyes: Either epic fail of the product, or n00b fail... :whiste:

scjrr

Feb 7, 2012
I've had good luck with Acronis. It has saved me from failed hard drives several times.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
I love Clonezilla, and it's free. The challenge is that it requires a bit of technical know-how.

MAG1969

Sep 24, 2000
I have had very good luck with Acronis myself... Never had a problem in backing up or restoring from image.

stinkinggenius

Oct 17, 2010

+1

I've been using Easeus Todo backup free for a while and have used it to restore a couple of computers without any issues.