Compassionate Conservatism rears its ugly head again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: ayabe
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: Vic
All is fair in love and war. The last 8 years have been nothing but non-stop attacks on the Bush admin. Time for a reach around.

Oh FFS, surely you remember the 8 years before then, right? How many was it that Clinton was supposed to have killed?

Dont know about Clintons murdering spree but who cares? 8 years of republicans grandstanding on Clinton, 8 years of democrats grandstanding on Bush, 4-8 years of republicans grandstanding on Obama.

The reach around is coming.

Grandstanding?

Like about the illegal wiretaps that you yourself admitted you were wrong about?

Come on man.

Every single thing Bush has been accused of doing is more or less true, and you know it.

Of course there are legitimate gripes with this administration. Just like there were legitimate gripes with the Clinton administration and there will be with an Obama administration. But as a whole each side grandstands about nearly every issue and topic. All I am saying is get ready for the flood when democrats hold power. I didnt make the rules, I am only observing them.

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Bumrush99
Heh one has to wonder if you watched any news the last 6 or so years. I cant believe you just sat back and said Bush has got a pass from the media and democrats lol.

Compared to the wrath the Republicans have perfected, using the media, Bush has gotten a free pass.

Tell me Genx87, what pressure has Bush been under since he took office? What policies has he changed because of public / media pressure. They do whatever the hell they want when they want. When Clinton bombed Al Queda the media and the Republican spin machine start chanting "wag the dog" and when 9/11 happened they blamed Clinton for not doing enought.

Bush has gotten a free pass by the media and the American people. Yes it it is fun to mock him. He is also the first president in HISTORY to have 8 years of a non stock lovefest by the "Fair and Balanced" network.

Heh I am sure his record low approval rating must be the prize for getting a free pass.
No pressure at all, none, you are right lol

As for republicans pissing and moaning about Clinton. Get thicker skin, this is politics where one day you are for it before you are against it. The same people who complained Bush didnt do enough in August 01 are front and center complaining about him doing too much now. And Ill let you in on a secret. When Obama does the same things as Bush over the next 4 years the people who piss and moan about Bush will magically see the light and support Obama's right to defend us!

And I didnt realize Foxnews held a 100 share across the entire country. I am learning something new every day!

Fox News is 100% propaganda to the extreme. It is blatant. And they are one sided. The other networks are nowhere near as biased, nor do they push an agenda like Fox News does.
Fair and Balanced my ass.

That is fine you hold that opinion. But in what way does that support your previous argument that Foxnews represents the entirety of the MSM in this country?

Where did I state that Fox News was the only media organization in the country? I stated a fact. No PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY has had 8 years of propaganda spread by a media organization that has supported and pushed EVERY agenda Bush had..

How soon you forget that back in 04' when Kerry and Bush were running against each other how Fox News had the terrorist attack ticker going every second of the day. Red alert. Green alert. Elevated alert. Funny how that ticker stopped the moment Bush was sworn in to his second term. If you think that has no impact on things than you are pretty ignorant.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
More compassionate conservatism

This is getting very scary. The secret service is going to have to double their manpower to protect Obama if he gets elected. So much hate out there.

The Republican hate machine is going to make the hit job they did on Bill Clinton look nice in to comparison to the spin and innuendo they are going to throw towards Obama.

Meh, how many times has Bush been called Hitler? At this point it's almost a compliment that you've made it to the top.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
More compassionate conservatism

This is getting very scary. The secret service is going to have to double their manpower to protect Obama if he gets elected. So much hate out there.

The Republican hate machine is going to make the hit job they did on Bill Clinton look nice in to comparison to the spin and innuendo they are going to throw towards Obama.

I says it was done on a computer, CAD moved to Florida?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Where did I state that Fox News was the only media organization in the country? I stated a fact. No PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY has had 8 years of propaganda spread by a media organization that has supported and pushed EVERY agenda Bush had..

You are expressing an opinion as fact. It if your opinion that Bush has received a free pass from the media and democrats. As funny and blinded as it sounds.

How soon you forget that back in 04' when Kerry and Bush were running against each other how Fox News had the terrorist attack ticker going every second of the day. Red alert. Green alert. Elevated alert. Funny how that ticker stopped the moment Bush was sworn in to his second term. If you think that has no impact on things than you are pretty ignorant.

For hating Foxnews you sure watch it a lot. Must love pain.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I've actually heard people say that if Obama became president the entire country would collapse..
A lady in Alabama told me that Bill Clinton destroyed the country (I'm not making this up). People have, well, demented views of things. This is why we need skill testing questions for voting.
He must because Fox is anything but painless :)

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

You are expressing an opinion as fact. It if your opinion that Bush has received a free pass from the media and democrats. As funny and blinded as it sounds.

Where did I say that I hate Fox News? I use all news sources to form an opinion...
All I'm stating is that Fox news is the mouthpiece of the Bush presidency, and it is blatant to anyone that watches it. Care to dispute that?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Where did I say that I hate Fox News? I use all news sources to form an opinion...
All I'm stating is that Fox news is the mouthpiece of the Bush presidency, and it is blatant to anyone that watches it. Care to dispute that?

Gee I dont know, the way you talk about them sure doesnt give the impression you are found of them.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
You didn't ask, but I think fox is total f**king garbage. Most cable news is, though. I just happen to think it's the worst.

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

Gee I dont know, the way you talk about them sure doesnt give the impression you are found of them.

Not being fond of something and hating them are two separate things.
I am not fond of how they operate. I am not fond of how they advertise themselves as "Fair and Balanced" yet go out of their way to endorse every Bush policy, regardless of how reckless it is. But within those morsels of spin you do get some good information.

Is that so hard to comprehend?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Heh one has to wonder if you watched any news the last 6 or so years. I cant believe you just sat back and said Bush has got a pass from the media and democrats lol.

Compared to the wrath the Republicans have perfected, using the media, Bush has gotten a free pass.

Tell me Genx87, what pressure has Bush been under since he took office? What policies has he changed because of public / media pressure. They do whatever the hell they want when they want. When Clinton bombed Al Queda the media and the Republican spin machine start chanting "wag the dog" and when 9/11 happened they blamed Clinton for not doing enought.

Bush has gotten a free pass by the media and the American people. Yes it it is fun to mock him. He is also the first president in HISTORY to have 8 years of a non stock lovefest by the "Fair and Balanced" network.

Heh I am sure his record low approval rating must be the prize for getting a free pass.
No pressure at all, none, you are right lol

As for republicans pissing and moaning about Clinton. Get thicker skin, this is politics where one day you are for it before you are against it. The same people who complained Bush didnt do enough in August 01 are front and center complaining about him doing too much now. And Ill let you in on a secret. When Obama does the same things as Bush over the next 4 years the people who piss and moan about Bush will magically see the light and support Obama's right to defend us!

And I didnt realize Foxnews held a 100 share across the entire country. I am learning something new every day!

Fox News is 100% propaganda to the extreme. It is blatant. And they are one sided. The other networks are nowhere near as biased, nor do they push an agenda like Fox News does.
Fair and Balanced my ass.

That is fine you hold that opinion. But in what way does that support your previous argument that Foxnews represents the entirety of the MSM in this country?

My real problem was the Bushies going on t.v. with their fake "terrorist warning" announcements. They also stopped right after the election.
Any President who would use fake terrorist warnings to win an election, in my mind IS a terrorist himself.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Not being fond of something and hating them are two separate things.
I am not fond of how they operate. I am not fond of how they advertise themselves as "Fair and Balanced" yet go out of their way to endorse every Bush policy, regardless of how reckless it is. But within those morsels of spin you do get some good information.

Is that so hard to comprehend?

I am not arguing they arent right leaning. But you can't state an opinion as fact. Are you a fan of ESPN's "Cold Hard Facts"?