Comparing Obama to Hitler

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
When anyone evokes Hitler they lose all credibility.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Originally posted by: Arkaign
Wow, TLC should just go ahead and go back to his bunker and fire off a few more Sieg Heils to his beloved Führer. The sheer volume of his hysteric straw-men arguments and false logic have only been matched by the variety of insults he proceeds to fling every time he gets shot down. I'm pretty right-wing on a variety of issues, but I think even Mussolini would look to his right and see TLC cackling away in delusional psychosis.

owned.

Sure, AQ is not a huge problem NOW. We thought the same thing back in the 30s too when this little mustachioed guy was running Germany. He was no real threat. He was not really our problem since we had bigger problems. If it came down to it we could intervene easily at any time.

What's the old saying about those who ignore history?

owned.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: daveymark
When anyone evokes Hitler they lose all credibility.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Originally posted by: Arkaign
Wow, TLC should just go ahead and go back to his bunker and fire off a few more Sieg Heils to his beloved Führer. The sheer volume of his hysteric straw-men arguments and false logic have only been matched by the variety of insults he proceeds to fling every time he gets shot down. I'm pretty right-wing on a variety of issues, but I think even Mussolini would look to his right and see TLC cackling away in delusional psychosis.

owned.

Sure, AQ is not a huge problem NOW. We thought the same thing back in the 30s too when this little mustachioed guy was running Germany. He was no real threat. He was not really our problem since we had bigger problems. If it came down to it we could intervene easily at any time.

What's the old saying about those who ignore history?

owned.

That's like double ownage.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
I think the point of the caller was that Obama's speech has no substance and all he does is use rhetoric and charisma to charm the crowds with his victimized mentality and offers of a better future like Hitler did. If you read Obama's speech they have no substance at all. And the fact that people yell and scream at him like little girls did to the Beatles just makes me laugh then fearful of our next president.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: JS80
I think the point of the caller was that Obama's speech has no substance and all he does is use rhetoric and charisma to charm the crowds with his victimized mentality and offers of a better future like Hitler did. If you read Obama's speech they have no substance at all. And the fact that people yell and scream at him like little girls did to the Beatles just makes me laugh then fearful of our next president.

I think if the caller/host said people treat Obama like the Beatles this thread wouldn't exist.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
First of all it was the caller that referred to or compared the speeches of Obama and Hitler and I think he was about 65 and he lived in that era or close to it.

When Hitler started his career the people in Germany loved him and he was a great motivator. However, Hitler turned out so bad and so evil, that I would refrain from comparing people to hitler, because he is an evil fascist. I hope and pray we will not go down that road.

However, I am from Illinois, and I can tell you that politicians from my state are awfully corrupt. This espicially applies to politicians from the area around chicago. They are only a little better than a big Mafia Gang. If you do not think that politicians from Illinois are party-line democrats you are mistaken. Illinois is about as democratic a state as you can find. So if you want corruption in government then vote for someone from Illinois. (Democrat or Republican)

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: piasabird
First of all it was the caller that referred to or compared the speeches of Obama and Hitler and I think he was about 65 and he lived in that era or close to it.

When Hitler started his career the people in Germany loved him and he was a great motivator. However, Hitler turned out so bad and so evil, that I would refrain from comparing people to hitler, because he is an evil fascist. I hope and pray we will not go down that road.

However, I am from Illinois, and I can tell you that politicians from my state are awfully corrupt. This espicially applies to politicians from the area around chicago. They are only a little better than a big Mafia Gang. If you do not think that politicians from Illinois are party-line democrats you are mistaken. Illinois is about as democratic a state as you can find. So if you want corruption in government then vote for someone from Illinois. (Democrat or Republican)
If that is your argument against Obama then you aren't going to get very far....very fallacious reasoning.

As far as the caller.... you know these radio shows dont just allow people to call into the show and speak with the on-air personality directly. Every radio show has a screener who takes the calls first.

You can just imagine the screeners delight when a caller wanted to compare Obama's speeches to Hitler's speeches... :disgust: