compact fridge - 128 for 4.2cu ft walmart

supiammike

Jul 14, 2002
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?dept=4044&product_id=2134418&path=0%3A4044%3A4064%3A112986%3A90791

i havnt seen any compact refridgerator deals on anandtech which surprises me since im way too lazy to walk into another room to get the next soda or brawl..

i first wanted one with a lock but i havnt found too many so i gave up on that and am just looking at the ones around 4 cu ft... this looks like a good deal? does anyone have a better deal? or know any tips i should be looking for?

csyberblue

Aug 1, 2002
I dunno if that's a good deal or not, but thanks for the headsup anyway. I want to get one for when I move into the dorms in a month.

supiammike

Jul 14, 2002
yeah im moving into my fraternity... the lock on it is nessisary to keep the booze away from the drunk people stealing it...

i think most of them should come with locks... some of my friends in the dorms last year had them.. their plan was if the RA's ever come around they have it locked and say the other one has the key... to give them time to get rid of the booze :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
CostCo had a good deal on a mini fridge for $100 not sure if it's already over or not.

Warm deal

mrbentley

Jul 17, 2001
Costco [August 11 thru 17]
Sanyo Stainless Steel Mini Fridge
3.7 cu. ft
ITEM#622016

warehouse price $139.99
off at register -10
MIR -10
----------------------------------
After Rebate $119.99

It looks exactly like this one.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Just got a 4.3cu ft GE brand frig at Sam's Club for $122.

EDIT: With a lock too.

trikster2

Banned
Oct 28, 2000

Jug you beat me to it.

Was recently in the market for a small fridge and sams club is the best deal with a lock

Looks like a screwdriver is all you need to circumvent it though but if they are really drunk they might have a hard time with it.

The one at Costco with the stainless door looks slick but the inside craftmanship looks really cheap.

bestbuys caries a few mini fridges. if you don't need a freezer they have a nice one that goes on sale every once in a while.

very best deal I found was a 5.2 cu foot fridge at home depot for $125. It is black with a grey door (stainless look but really plastic). looks good in the office and the exta space sure is nice. No lock and no-name brand.....

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: wedway
Has anyone found a mini fridge with an icemaker?

The problem is that most mini-fridges don't have enough space for an icemaker....usually the freezers are big enough for 1 full sized or 2 mini ice trays...

Solemap

Jan 14, 2003
i havnt seen any compact refridgerator deals on anandtech which surprises me since im way too lazy to walk into another room to get the next soda or brawl..

lol Ive got 2 in my living room! One on each side of the couch! I never have to get off the couch to get Pepsi or beer!

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
some walmarts carry these...I've scene the haier versions at local walmart for this price...4.2 and all that...
Ive found that home depot has a simlar 4.2 magic chef for $128 that has a decent sized freezer and vegi tray whcih comes in handy...
Sears has the kenmores for $140 whcih are a bit better quality...more all around cooling rather than local specific that comes with the haier and magic chef models...
I'm in the market for one though...I'm thinking i mgiht go for the kenmore...

*EDIT* Just found out sears has a $10 rebate on their kenmore 4.4 model as well :Q

Dr Pepper

Oct 13, 1999
BTW, the Sears model has a stainless-steel like finish with black trim. Here's a link: Sears fridge
Regular price is 169, but AR is 129 - not bad at all. If you order online, you can have it shipped to your local Sears store for pick-up at no charge for shipping :)

The Original
Dr Pepper