Community College Diversity Coordinator Bans White People from "Diversity Happy Hour"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Guarantee that group learned from this.

The problem isn't that they didn't learn from it, it's what they learned from it. If a burglar gets caught because of a mistake, and they learn not to make that mistake again, that's not a good thing. Sure, they learned not to make their racism so blatant, but the racist motivations of the "diversity" activities at that college are there nonetheless.

Wanna make a personal bet some GOP candidate or prominent group invites Ted Nugent to speak or stump for them before Nov election.
Again, learning how to better mask your true intentions or become better liars is not a good thing. I'd rather know where someone really stands.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I would like to point out it was held off campus.

Of course, I'd like to point out they also said white people are free to have a white supremacist meeting if they want.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Guarantee that group learned from this.

Really? What are you "guaranteeing"? Because the author of the email and Program Director of the event, said, after being confronted about the flyer:

King5 News said:
That being said, while the DEC’s program coordinator, Karama Blackhorn, said she would have worded the email differently, she did tell KING, “That space is not for white people. That space is for people of color.”

So she would have reworded it, but not changed the original intent.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
Of course, I'd like to point out they also said white people are free to have a white supremacist meeting if they want.

but you could have a nonracist white meeting and it would still be called racist. glad this got noticed and they said something about it. wonder what would happen if a caucausian meeting for all caucausians from ireland to morrocco to india was made what would be said of it

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012

No they didn't. Read it again. They were inviting white staff to have a meeting to wallow in guilt about their "privilege" and strategize about how to combat "white supremacy."

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Everyone that paints knows if you mix white with other colors, you dilute the color. Maybe they just wanted a vibrant Happy Hour?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
The mind of the liberal is on full display here. It's how they really think.

The liberal doesn't see anything wrong with this whatsoever nor does the organizer.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
LOL

yeah that is racist as shit. but since its excluding whites its ok. I love how it has "if you want to start a white only group its ok do it!"

you know damn well if anyone did the school would kick everyone out who was in it and it would be national news. not to mention teh school would shut down etc

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The problem isn't that they didn't learn from it, it's what they learned from it. If a burglar gets caught because of a mistake, and they learn not to make that mistake again, that's not a good thing. Sure, they learned not to make their racism so blatant, but the racist motivations of the "diversity" activities at that college are there nonetheless.

Again, learning how to better mask your true intentions or become better liars is not a good thing. I'd rather know where someone really stands.

I'm not referring to Nugent speaking his mind, he has that right. I'm referring to the GOP welcoming an obvious racist to campaign with them

BTW - for all you strawman lovers I don't believe anyone here said what that group did was ok.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
This is one of the authors of the letter:

Karama Blackhorn

Karama-Blackhorn.jpg

"That space is not for...white people. It's for people of color"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews...tended-to-exclude-white-people-203519152.html

Norse amulet, check. Numerous facial piercings, check. Spiked mullet, check. Self-righteous glare, check. LGBT activist pin, check. A lesbian hipster, no wonder. There's probably not many people in the world who hate themselves more than she does. :hmm:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Really? What are you "guaranteeing"? Because the author of the email and Program Director of the event, said, after being confronted about the flyer:

So she would have reworded it, but not changed the original intent.

You're spot on, and that's the point I was making in my earlier post. They didn't learn from this that "hey, excluding or including people based on race is racist, and should not be tolerated", they "learned" that they want to word their racist intent better so as not to get taken to task for it. Promoting actual diversity was obviously never a goal.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Ms. Blackthorn, given her name and her bold claim that no whites are allowed, undoubtedly views herself as Amerindian rather than white. There are a lot of mostly Caucasian DNA people out there who nonetheless prefer to identify with their Amerindian DNA, however small the amount of it may be, but her facial features would tend to indicate that she may have a stronger claim on that identity than most.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Man. The batshit insanity of the left.

These are the future morons who won't even be qualified to flip a burger.

Bring on the robots already.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Man. The batshit insanity of the left.

These are the future morons who won't even be qualified to flip a burger.

Bring on the robots already.

I thought they were here already and posting under the name of Zaap.

ROFLMAO!!! I kid you because I love you brother.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm waiting for the inevitable Sharpton/Jackson outcry over this community gathering being shut down.

Nov 30, 2006
“It was obviously a mistake,” Kellie Purce Braseth, the school’s dean of college relations told the station. “It was badly worded.”
I'll say! Next time they need to be a little more discreet with their racism.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Wow @ the pic in post #43. Imagine if "I am not a white person, can I attend anyway?" and the answer is NO. Last time I check, community college = publicly funded and not private.

I am sure Obama would seriously condem this incident... :D

Last edited:

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
While I can understand how some people might feel more comfortable discussing issues of racial equality with other people of color, this was a really dumb idea... :thumbsdown:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I thought they were here already and posting under the name of Zaap.

ROFLMAO!!! I kid you because I love you brother.

You don't love him. Who the fuck are you kidding? You hate his guts. He's on the right.

Well I loathe conservatives.

You hate everything about him. God forbid he be successful or he ends up being your sworn enemy or if he happens to own a business:

If a company advertises that they are conservative, then I will do everything in my power to ensure that the company fails.

That's the problem when you spew your spoiled brat hate filled garbage and then try and be buddy-buddy with those you spew it at, it's still there for everyone to see.