Common human behaviours that make you shake your head?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

someone16

Dec 18, 2003
People not cleaning up after themselves. There's always dirty dishes left on the desks at work. The same happens with the company cars, garbage and empty bottles all over the car.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
fuckers who take forever at a redbox knowing there is a line and not giving a fuck while browsing through the libaray of movies. :mad::mad:

Reactions: purbeast0

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
fuckers who take forever at a redbox knowing there is a line and not giving a fuck while browsing through the libaray of movies. :mad::mad:
Make your selection with the mobile app. Reserve that last copy of the movie you want before the person in front of you gets it.

I'm amazed that anyone who spent any amount of time in-line didn't make their selection already before they got to the machine.

Reactions: soulcougher73

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
yeah lottery players are the worst! It's like they are doing their goddamn banking...I just want to buy my bag of milk and smokes and get the fuck out.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
People in busy parking lots that will wait 5 minutes for a close spot blocking the lane in the process.

I do enjoy when I go around them to park in the open back of the lot then walk past them while they are still waiting for a spot though. Another favorite of mine is deliberately walking down the wrong lane while someone follows to get my spot just for me to cut across to one of the other rows as they speed off all pissy like.

Reactions: Kaido

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
never quite understood that whole parking lot thing...further away the better

Nov 20, 2009
people who don't use indicators when driving....like seriously? it takes less than a second to let other drivers know your intentions. Also people that weave in and out of traffic to get to that red light up ahead....like seriously... get a fucking grip or learn to wake up earlier for work.
Counterpoint ... those that use their indicators and think once it is ON they can get in front of you even if that means they'll cause an accident as the worse case scenario of cutting someone else off.

Reactions: Midwayman

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Counterpoint ... those that use their indicators and think once it is ON they can get in front of you even if that means they'll cause an accident as the worse case scenario of cutting someone else off.
Well, if you're gonna speed up to block me off, I'm fine with forcing my way in. It's virtually a 100% chance you care more about your car body than I do mine. Your call...

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Here's one from today: People who don't know how to merge.

They putter the entire stretch of the merge, right up to the edge of the highway, put on their blinker, and force themselves into 75 mph traffic going 35.

Learn what the merge lane is for, asshole.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Cursing. Completely unnecessary unless extremely F'n pissed. But see I don't have to because I'm not actually pissed at the moment.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I was sitting at a traffic light waiting for the light to change and I looked to my left and this lady was really digging at her nose. She was going for that elusive booger!! Then when she found it -- her finger went into her mouth -- YUK!!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Mainly in my area it is older Asian women who do that.....they think the turn signal means they can move into whichever lane they want!!

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Yesterday Mrs Ned & I were picking up litter on a popular trail way up high in a remote area of a mountain. We had 3 huge bags, plus 2 tires & some sort of big piece of metal - in other words, a bunch of super heavy crap that was really difficult for the 2 of us to drag off the mountain. A group of about 8 college age students walked by... one girl was carrying a Gatorade bottle, and asked Mrs Ned "Can I put this in your bag so I don't have to carry it out?"

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
People who stop in the middle of hallways, especially intersections to have conversations rather than moving out of the flow of traffic. They always seem to pick the narrowest places to do it to. Hard hard is it to move a couple feet over to the wall?

Reactions: purbeast0

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
People overreact to highly improbable events annoys me.

Last edited:

Johnny Ringo

Dec 6, 2012
Yesterday Mrs Ned & I were picking up litter on a popular trail way up high in a remote area of a mountain. We had 3 huge bags, plus 2 tires & some sort of big piece of metal - in other words, a bunch of super heavy crap that was really difficult for the 2 of us to drag off the mountain. A group of about 8 college age students walked by... one girl was carrying a Gatorade bottle, and asked Mrs Ned "Can I put this in your bag so I don't have to carry it out?"

I am depressed at how much litter is around these days. It is a personal pet peeve of mine, and I make every effort to clean up things in my own personal community. I am older gentleman, so I remember the commercial of the native American with a tear running down his face seeing the pollution of the 1960's/1970's. I feel like that guy in the commercial now. We seemed to be getting better as a nation over the next 20-30 years. But things are back to litter being everywhere. :-(

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I am depressed at how much litter is around these days. It is a personal pet peeve of mine, and I make every effort to clean up things in my own personal community. I am older gentleman, so I remember the commercial of the native American with a tear running down his face seeing the pollution of the 1960's/1970's. I feel like that guy in the commercial now. We seemed to be getting better as a nation over the next 20-30 years. But things are back to litter being everywhere. :-(

LoL. That ad was such a bunch of BS.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...onment-ads-pollution-1123-20171113-story.html

Johnny Ringo

Dec 6, 2012

You can think what you want to think. I have lived it. I saw all of the trash/litter everywhere as a young child, and then I saw an environment that "appeared" to be cleaner. Who knows if it was or not...but people did think twice about pitching their litter out the window, and it showed in the area I lived.

Nowadays, it seems to be back to people just dropping their litter wherever they stand.

I ride the subway to work in a large metro area, and I watch people on a daily basis drop their litter right on the train floor, despite trash cans available at every stop.

Reactions: Ichinisan

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I play the lottery, run stop signs on my bike, jaywalk, toss trash out of my truck window and stayed at your Mom's.