Command and Conquer remastered

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Can we just stop with the remasters, remakes, and reboots? As much fun as it is to travel down nostalgia lane, I'd much rather have a brand new good RTS than just replay the same game I've already played thousands of times, but with slightly better graphics.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Can we just stop with the remasters, remakes, and reboots? As much fun as it is to travel down nostalgia lane, I'd much rather have a brand new good RTS than just replay the same game I've already played thousands of times, but with slightly better graphics.

Both can be made.

Reactions: pcslookout

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001

Normally I agree with you. I hate it when we get the same game X years in a row like GTA. C&C is going on 25 years old this year, so I'm OK with them cleaning it up and releasing it. While I prefer to see new games and new ideas, there are times where it's OK to go back to the vault and pull out something that hasn't been seen in quite some time.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
im playing this, and after a few missions, the graphics reverted back to the 1990s style.

anyone seen this bug?

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
That doesn't sound good, lol. I can't help ya. I purchased it but then got sucked into replaying Grim Dawn so I haven't had a chance to start up the campaign yet.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
The remastered soundtrack alone is worth the buy. So far it's amazing. It's also now possible to have custom skirmishes in C&C1, which was never possible before (unless you modded the PC version for that). It's also more than just a remaster, considering there's basically full modding support, and Steam Workshop is a Godsend with this. There's plenty of mods already, and it will just keep on going for years to come. I can only imagine the possibilities if they later on decide to do the same treatment to Red Alert 2 and - which would be my personal favorite - Tiberian Sun as well. I'm having a genuine blast with this remaster so far and I haven't even touched the Red Alert portion of this package yet.

Last edited:

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
.. i guess i'll try that now.

I just remember when I played the first mission they had you do that as part of the getting to know stuff.. it was a perk to see how far they came I guess. Either way I hope it worked

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I'm a big fan of these games and have all the originals still installed with a bunch of mods. The remasters don't work with mods made for the originals so I never got them. Half the fun in these games is the mods, and the originals work fine on a modern PC with some fanmade patches.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I downloaded the remastered version, played one game, uninstalled.....only remaster i have liked was the Age of Empires 2 definitive edition

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
I actually liked the remaster. There were quite a few bugs still when I played (options getting erased, the game not remembering which levels you've finished) but the saved games worked correctly, so it wasn't that bad.

I'm not a huge fan of remasters, but given that this is a dying genre, I was more than happy to buy this. Hopefully they will also do RA2.