Comedian Michelle Wolf delivers one-liner in response to Trump attack

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Michelle Wolf won't be making any jokes from the podium at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, but last year's host was ready with a one-liner after the president attacked her on Twitter.

Donald Trump, who bashed Wolf relentlessly for her performance at last year's dinner, returned to the theme on Tuesday night after it was reported the annual event would ditch the tradition of having a comedian next year.

"So-called comedian Michelle Wolf bombed so badly last year at the White House Correspondents' Dinner that this year, for the first time in decades, they will have an author instead of a comedian," Trump tweeted. "Good first step in comeback of a dying evening and tradition! Maybe I will go?"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/com...liner-response-trump-attack/story?id=59335769

I bet you'd be on my side if I had killed a journalist. #BeBest

Perfect comeback.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I’m not going to quote it, but I sure hope I’m not the only one who reported the elephant in the room here.

I am not a Trump supporter but that shameful rhetoric directed toward his family does not belong on this forum or anywhere else.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I’m not going to quote it, but I sure hope I’m not the only one who reported the elephant in the room here.

I am not a Trump supporter but that shameful rhetoric directed toward his family does not belong on this forum or anywhere else.
Hey nice sig you brain-dead motherfucker. Why don't you put my whole quote i it instead of the part that makes me look like I disagree with Mr Franklin.
Typical brain-dead righty. Twisting things around to fit your agenda. I called your bother's post disgusting.
That quote from Mr. Franklin has zero to do with your precious 2a. Read up twinboy.
https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-ben-franklin-really-said

What the matter your twin brother too chickenshit to put his own quote in there. Gotta have his brother act out in passive-aggressive manner.
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, you slimy POS.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Her tweet was funny, but kinda simple and on the nose. Wolf is a professional comedian and usually more clever than that.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Hey nice sig you brain-dead motherfucker. Why don't you put my whole quote i it instead of the part that makes me look like I disagree with Mr Franklin.
Typical brain-dead righty. Twisting things around to fit your agenda. I called your bother's post disgusting.
That quote from Mr. Franklin has zero to do with your precious 2a. Read up twinboy.

What the matter your twin brother too chickenshit to put his own quote in there. Gotta have his brother act out in passive-aggressive manner.
yeah but tell us how you really feel

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Typical brain-dear righty. Twisting things around to fit your agenda.

Excuse me? Patrick Henry and Benjamin Franklin were both expressing a similar sentiment as Ichinisan, regardless of whether they were talking about individual liberties or the 2a. Ichinisan meant it every bit as much as anyone else invoking these men. You called that sentiment “disgusting.” I quoted it with the link for anyone to examine the context of the quote in case they had any doubt.

You quoted Ichinisan in your signature to mock and ridicule it. I gave Ichinisan’s quote the context he himself intended so that everyone would know. He proudly put the same quote of himself in his own signature to demonstrate that he was not ashamed of the sentiment.

I’m not sure why you feel it’s OK to call us names like this when your attempt to ridicule us over that quote backfires. The rules do not even allow us to properly respond in the way you are challenging us to respond... and don’t send us back to that recent thread where you had your outburst: it’s a response to your signature that needs to be seen in the same places as your signature (not that forum thread). While I cannot make a thread to call it out, I presume that I am allowed to make my point in the same way you tried to make yours (a signature using your own word).

Sorry, but I think you owe us an apology and I feel it should stay there as long as yours does. No offense.

Could you please tone it down and be more civil? I don’t think I’m out of line in asking for that. Your knee-jerk reaction was to insult, ridicule, name-call, and and mischaracterize someone over a common and justifiable sentiment. That’s how you got in a position where you are disagreeing with Benjamin Franklin. Franklin may not have been talking about individual liberties, but he was talking about self-governing as opposed to giving up power to a higher level of government in exchange for safety. Same thing, different scale.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So I'm getting the impression from Trump and his supporters that he can trash talk against anybody that defies or defiles his ridiculously un-presidential behavior and randomly absurd edicts, yet for any and all that he lords over (the whole world it seems) they shall not criticize him for being that way because it's disrespectful to him (and thus his base).

Small wonder that the guy who complains that people just don't know how to listen to and obey his every whim is the same guy who is in some really deep shit with the law enforcement arm of the gov't he's supposed to be the leader of.

I mean, the monumental problems he's caused himself to be in the middle of can't be because he's trying to take over the whole shebang and rule over it just like Putin and Kim Jong Un does theirs, can it?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Excuse me? Patrick Henry and Benjamin Franklin were both expressing a similar sentiment as Ichinisan, regardless of whether they were talking about individual liberties or the 2a. Ichinisan meant it every bit as much as anyone else invoking these men. You called that sentiment “disgusting.” I quoted it with the link for anyone to examine the context of the quote in case they had any doubt.

You quoted Ichinisan in your signature to mock and ridicule it. I gave Ichinisan’s quote the context he himself intended so that everyone would know. He proudly put the same quote of himself in his own signature to demonstrate that he was not ashamed of the sentiment.

I’m not sure why you feel it’s OK to call us names like this when your attempt to ridicule us over that quote backfires. The rules do not even allow us to properly respond in the way you are challenging us to respond... and don’t send us back to that recent thread where you had your outburst: it’s a response to your signature that needs to be seen in the same places as your signature (not that forum thread). While I cannot make a thread to call it out, I presume that I am allowed to make my point in the same way you tried to make yours (a signature using your own word).

Sorry, but I think you owe us an apology and I feel it should stay there as long as yours does. No offense.

Could you please tone it down and be more civil? I don’t think I’m out of line in asking for that. Your knee-jerk reaction was to insult, ridicule, name-call, and and mischaracterize someone over a common and justifiable sentiment. That’s how you got in a position where you are disagreeing with Benjamin Franklin. Franklin may not have been talking about individual liberties, but he was talking about self-governing as opposed to giving up power to a higher level of government in exchange for safety.
I am calling both you idiots out.
Him for always being pro-cop, pro-shooter. I have multiple more posts to verify that about him, I only need to search.
You I am calling out for your chickenshit misrepresented quote of me.

You:
"That’s how you got in a position where you are disagreeing with Benjamin Franklin. Franklin may not have been talking about individual liberties, but he was talking about self-governing as opposed to giving up power to a higher level of government in exchange for safety. Same thing, different scale."
Not disagreeing with Ben Franklin. Just you and your brother. So don't put words in my mouth or try to explain what I was thinking or how I got to my position
You cannot project what Franklin said in 1750 to include 2A.

Me apologize to you? GTFO.

Last edited:

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
So I'm getting the impression from Trump and his supporters that he can trash talk against anybody that defies or defiles his ridiculously un-presidential behavior and randomly absurd edicts, yet for any and all that he lords over (the whole world it seems) they shall not criticize him for being that way because it's disrespectful to him (and thus his base).

Small wonder that the guy who complains that people just don't know how to listen to and obey his every whim is the same guy who is in some really deep shit with the law enforcement arm of the gov't he's supposed to be the leader of.

I mean, the monumental problems he's caused himself to be in the middle of can't be because he's trying to take over the whole shebang and rule over it just like Putin and Kim Jong Un does theirs, can it?
Because he is a snowflake and his supporters are snowflakes. They have no problem dishing it out but can't take any of it coming back at them. That's just like how children act.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Because he is a snowflake and his supporters are snowflakes. They have no problem dishing it out but can't take any of it coming back at them. That's just like how children act.

This can be said about conservatives in general. If something in the real world doesn’t align with their views, they simply believe the world is wrong and hold their incorrect views even tighter, no matter how many times you prove them wrong.

Reactions: Engineer

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This can be said about conservatives in general. If something in the real world doesn’t align with their views, they simply believe the world is wrong and hold their incorrect views even tighter, no matter how many times you prove them wrong.

then they run over college students.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
She did fire a warning shot with the "perfect smokey eye" on-liner though! .. but then.. then again, Trump is the sort of idiot we all know who will heckle the comedian, get owned, continue to heckle and continue to get owned.. We will all have a laugh the first two times and then we all start waiting for security to throw the fool out.
WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN SECURITY AROUND HERE?

- Wolf is badass. I like her.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well, if this country is, indeed, going to hell, it is on the backs of the disgusting Trump family and the wretched sociopaths that endlessly support these cretins in whatever they do.

Fuck them all, really.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Reactions: shortylickens
Feb 4, 2009
I love how Trump gloms on to since he’s such a pussy and can’t handle even a light roasting he just won’t go.
Simply put having a roast without the Presidents there is dumb and less funny.

**Trump is the guy who requested a Comedy Central roast and go so pissed off he almost left.