Comcast Atlanta problems

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
anyone else having DNS issues with their comcast service?

it's been going up and down atleast 10 times tonight :|

NorthRiver

Golden Member
May 6, 2002
Comcrap is always slower at night for me. Lots of problems lately at night, and I wish there was another alternative here in Portland. DSL just doesn't do it for me.

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
I went through like 20 different DNS servers, and that made no difference at all. when I called them up, the CSR told me to wait till they sort out the area-wide problem as mine might be related to that. well, i only gave them a call cuz its been like this for past 3 days already. If they dont clean up their acts I am definitely switching to bellsouth DSL. oh yeah, did i mention it takes a full minute to load AT forums or my school homepage, if the pages load without crapping out that is :(

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: VanillaH
I went through like 20 different DNS servers, and that made no difference at all. when I called them up, the CSR told me to wait till they sort out the area-wide problem as mine might be related to that. well, i only gave them a call cuz its been like this for past 3 days already. If they dont clean up their acts I am definitely switching to bellsouth DSL. oh yeah, did i mention it takes a full minute to load AT forums or my school homepage, if the pages load without crapping out that is :(

I had issues last month like that when their "national" dns servers when down or some garbage like that. Some of the techs are useless when it comes to helping you with problems, espeically when its on their end.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Adelphia was having similar issues Friday night, upon talking to a tech he said that Comcast/Time Warner/Adelphia have been working on integrating some of their systems to save on costs, like DNS servers and things like that, so they've all been reorganizing their systems, and one company at a time taking a night to reboot everything. Took about 8 hours for Adelphia to finish, works fine again, and I've actually lost a bit of latency in some of my programs.