College help... where should/could I go?

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Alright, let me explain my situation briefly to you, then you help me decide where I could go to college at.

Im a senior. Live in Northern Michigan. Will be moving to Florida, near Brandon/Tampa area, after I graduate. Right now I have a GPA of about 2.8. Ive never taken any slacker classes like Study Hall or Student Assistant, or BAND! :p Ive taken alot of science classes. (Physiology, Chemistry, Zoology, etc..) Im in Alg. 2 as far as math classes go. I realize my GPA isn't great, its partially do to teachers that dont like me, and me being kinda lazy :) I just got my ACT score back, its the first time Ive taken it and I got a score of 23. In the Science and reading parts I had a 25, and in the Social Sciences section of it I scored better then 94% of the people who took it :) Didnt do to hot in the math areas. Now Im wondering what are some good schools in the florida area that I could get into with these stats. I don't mind going to a community college for 1 year since Ill have to pay out of state tuition for a year. Then I want to transfer to a university. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Not really, Ive got a bunch of ideas. Computer Science is one area I would consider. Im pretty well off with computers, can build my own and whatnot. Journalism perhaps, I'd be really interested in sports journalism. I don' t really know though. Any suggestions :) ?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
CS is not for you. CS is programming, not building PCs. Building PCs is for A+ "certified" techs. You are only up to Alg 2, another strike against CS.

xuanman

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2002
you might want to look into the university of central florida or univ of northern florida to see what their numbers are...uf or fsu may be a little difficult...

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
True, I kinda new what CS was. Just in general I was talking about computers and I used the wrong vocab :) I don't really think Im into A+/Computer Networking type of things though. There are to many people in that now, and the competition is raising, profit dropping. So I think Im going to look more towards something... well something. Who knows what. I just want to find a decent school to go to for a year, and with some programs that might give me an idea of what I want to do.

My dad suggested criminology. That might kinda be up my alley. Anyone know about job possibilities for that? Money? Competition?

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: xuanman
you might want to look into the university of central florida or univ of northern florida to see what their numbers are...uf or fsu may be a little difficult...

Their numbers? Are you saying like what they require for admission? Anyone got a link or a general idea of where I could look to see info like this on universitys?

Im a google newbie :) (Not really Im just lazy)