Cold Stone Creamery free tasting Jul 2 10AM-noon

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
A Taste of Red- July 2nd

Cold Stone Creamery free tasting 5 new flavors 10-noon Jul 2

Wasabi Ginger, Fruity Cereal, Black Licorice, Oatmeal Cookie Batter and Tangerine Sorbet are the flavors.

Enjoy the treat!

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
the lines there are long enough as it is.....i can only imagine the line they will have now....

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
Those flavors don't sound very appealing... but their ice-cream is top-notch.

I'll go for the tangerine

thanks OP!

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
the last thing i want to do is taste wasabi in my icecream :eek:P

they should carry something like POONtang Pie.

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
Wasabi Ginger!

I can't wait! Next month we will have Calamari with Horseradish.

But thanks for letting me know my GF will be interested.

Goaty

Jun 5, 2000
black licorice! i would gladly wait in line to taste that, it was my fav as a kid. :D

Greg04

Golden Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: isekii
the last thing i want to do is taste wasabi in my icecream :eek:P

they should carry something like POONtang Pie.

Isn't that redundant?

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
every time I get something from this place, i walk out feeling like the fattiest fat that ever fatted....

Hork

Mar 8, 2000
Okay... I read this thread last night I decide I would go over this morning. I took four of my kids with me to try out the new flavors.

There was a big sign on the door saying "No Cake Batter Ice Cream Today."

As stated above, the flavors were Wasabi Ginger, Fruity Cereal, Black Licorice, Oatmeal Cookie Batter and Tangerine Sorbet. My kids and I tried a few different flavors.

Being a big fan of sushi, I went for the Wasabi Ginger. It was interesting, and the aftertaste cleared your sinuses... but I just couldn't handle it as an ice cream, so I didn't eat the entire sample. I tried Black Licorice next... none of my kids like black licorice, but I do, and I liked this flavor, but I probably wouldn't choose it over something else. I tried the Fruity Cereal, which was a blue ice cream that was supposed to taste like froot loops or something. It did, but not as much as I would have liked... or maybe my taste buds were just shot from the other flavors I had tried.

My daughter tasted the Oatmeal Cookie Batter and said it was okay, but she also would prefer some of the regular flavors over it. Another daughter tried the Tangerine Sorbet and I took a taste of that one... it was very good, but very sweet too. Of all the new flavors I liked it the most.

While we were there, I noticed the sign about the event had something about winning a years worth of free ice cream. I asked the server and she said they were giving away to a lucky winner one creation a month for a year, but she didn't have the specifics. Her manager arrived and let us leave our names and numbers and she said she would draw a winner at noon at the end of the tasting.

Around noon we got a call, and my youngest son Morgan (10 years old) had one the years worth of ice cream! He was pretty excited!

Thanks again to all you Anandtechies for the hot deals! :)

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Congratulations!

I, too, was less than impressed by the new flavor selection, but you can now choose from all the GOOD flavors for a year. Glad your family won!

j4y7

Jul 2, 2005
I've never been a fan of Coldstone's, but who can complain if it's free! Thanks OP!

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
the wasabi ginger was horrid
black licorice was bad
tangerine was decent

didnt' get to try the others

very suprised with the low turnout. There were maybe 12 people there for the drawing -- so I (and company) had hopes of winning with 2:12 odds... but we didn't win. :(

I think that was the fewest number of people I've EVER seen at the coldstone near me. It is usually crowded -- cuz their ice cream is soo good.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
my dad loves wasabi but he nearly pooed his face out when he ate the ice cream