Colchicine prescription drug price

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Funny how the pricing works. I was after three medications; Kaiser said up front 'you will probably get a better price from others'.

They weren't lying - they wanted over $100 to $150 each; the Costco pharmacy was under $10 each, same thing.

I love Costco way too much. 3 month refills for most of my things are about $5 to $10.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Just got off the phone with Caremark, they have the generic colchicine in stock. Person told me to fax my prescription and it would ship it on Monday.

Thats great they have it. Funny though because a patient faxing their own rx isn't legal since one person could use it elsewhere and that's a no no. Better hope they don't get caught.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Thats great they have it. Funny though because a patient faxing their own rx isn't legal since one person could use it elsewhere and that's a no no. Better hope they don't get caught.

Yes, it would have been my doctor's office to fax in the prescription, same as when I request one online it has been followed up with a fax from the doctor.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yes, it would have been my doctor's office to fax in the prescription, same as when I request one online it has been followed up with a fax from the doctor.

Thats cool then they are ok. My guess is they bought thousands of bottles which would be a smart idea.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Did I read correctly that the FDA is receiving $45 million for this deal? If that is correct, it sounds like a round about tax or appropriation via patients of this drug. Shady man, that is so shady if it is indeed the truth.