Cody Wilson indicted

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Sucks having to buy sex, huh?

"The 3D printed gun advocate now faces multiple charges: four counts of sexual assault of a child, two charges of indecency with a child by contact, and two charges of indecency with a child by exposure."

Clearly another liberal conspiracy to malign real Americans (republicans) as child molesters and pederasts. This poor alt-right patriot was just interested in her purity, where's the pardon Trump?

I think this guy is going to jail. The fleeing to Taiwan part didn't seem to factor into his bail though. Hrmm.

Reactions: lsd

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
She was apparently a pro? So he paid for the sex and it is assault because she was underage.

And how would it be any different if he hadn't paid for it? That's my point. Plenty of people pay for sex without assaulting minors. The two do not need to go hand in hand.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
And how would it be any different if he hadn't paid for it? That's my point. Plenty of people pay for sex without assaulting minors. The two do not need to go hand in hand.
I think it raises the question of whether he knew she was a minor. But many pros are under age.

But this looks to be assault in name only and everything was consensual, just was with a girl that couldn't legally consent (I know this legally makes it assault, but still a lot different than non-consensual assault).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The angel on Cody's right shoulder said "You know that's jail bait. Don't do it."

The Trump demon on his left said "Who cares! Jail bait is the best pussy there is!"

And so it came to be that Cody got busted, in Texas, where they get really weird about such things. Dumbass.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Sucks having to buy sex, huh?

"The 3D printed gun advocate now faces multiple charges: four counts of sexual assault of a child, two charges of indecency with a child by contact, and two charges of indecency with a child by exposure."

Clearly another liberal conspiracy to malign real Americans (republicans) as child molesters and pederasts. This poor alt-right patriot was just interested in her purity, where's the pardon Trump?

I think this guy is going to jail. The fleeing to Taiwan part didn't seem to factor into his bail though. Hrmm.

That's not going anywhere..

Exhibit A Your Honor, the terms of use for the website, which clearly state that the user certified that he or she is of legal age.

Exhibit B Your Honor, the alleged "victim's" statement attesting to the fact by submitting her acknowledgment, and credit card information establishing that she was of the legal age of maturity.

Clearly my client is the victim here of a fraudulent misrepresentation, and this case should be dismissed forthwith.,

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Exhibit A Your Honor, the terms of use for the website, which clearly state that the user certified that he or she is of legal age.

Exhibit B Your Honor, the alleged "victim's" statement attesting to the fact by submitting her acknowledgment, and credit card information establishing that she was of the legal age of maturity.

Clearly my client is the victim here of a fraudulent misrepresentation, and this case should be dismissed forthwith.,

Those kinds of defenses do not work with statutory rape/assault laws. Traditionally those crimes have no mental state requirement. The minor could show you a fake ID that is 100% undetectable as fake by an expert and you're still guilty. Here is the relevant Texas statute he was indicted under:

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-011.html

Compare section (A)(1) - the forcible rape law, with (A)(2), the statutory rape law, where it starts out saying "regardless of whether the person knows the age of the child at the time of the offense..."

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Wow dude, you are clearly a lawyer.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Those kinds of defenses do not work with statutory rape/assault laws. Traditionally those crimes have no mental state requirement. The minor could show you a fake ID that is 100% undetectable as fake by an expert and you're still guilty. Here is the relevant Texas statute he was indicted under:

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-011.html

Compare section (A)(1) - the forcible rape law, with (A)(2), the statutory rape law, where it starts out saying "regardless of whether the person knows the age of the child at the time of the offense..."

They take a dim view of enticing poor innocent teeny boppers into acts of prostitution in Texas. Which is exactly how the prosecution will frame the whole thing. They're a vindictive lot in Texas, too....

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
They take a dim view of enticing poor innocent teeny boppers into acts of prostitution in Texas. Which is exactly how the prosecution will frame the whole thing. They're a vindictive lot in Texas, too....

Probably, though the law is like this in all 50 states IIRC.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Probably, though the law is like this in all 50 states IIRC.

No argument with that. I'm not sure where it carries a 20 year penalty, however. I'm just saying that the Texas justice system has a tendency to get really vindictive when their sense of moral outrage is aroused. Cody knew all that, stupid bastard.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
No argument with that. I'm not sure where it carries a 20 year penalty, however. I'm just saying that the Texas justice system has a tendency to get really vindictive when their sense of moral outrage is aroused. Cody knew all that, stupid bastard.

Yes, the penalty does vary widely from state to state for statutory rape/assault, more widely than for most crimes. You can get 20 years in one state and 2 in another. It's just the rule regarding no mental state defenses which is the same in every state.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Statutory rape laws need some amending. It's kind of crazy when 18 year olds are convicted for having sex with 17 year old they are dating, but some 60 year old guy can marry a 16 year old girl and then it's legal.

Feb 4, 2009
Statutory rape laws need some amending. It's kind of crazy when 18 year olds are convicted for having sex with 17 year old they are dating, but some 60 year old guy can marry a 16 year old girl and then it's legal.

Depends on the State

Feb 4, 2009
I’m going to say (and I haven’t read much about this incident) there certainly is a difference between trolling for a young girl and finding out the girl is too young after the act.
Reminds me of an apartment I lived in, we received a notice that a sex offender was moving in, was kind of concerned about it. Next day we get a letter basically saying
You’ve probably received notice I’ll be moving in....
12 years ago I was separated from my fiancé and had a woman approach my car for sex. I was drunk and agreed, we were arrested and she was underage, I had no idea. That day has followed me I need to disclose to employers and my daughters school, I haven’t e drank in 10 years and changed my life with....

The above guy certainly doesn’t sound like a sex offender or pedophile to me. He was a pretty normal looking mid thirties guy who worked a normal accounting type job.

Reactions: whm1974