COD Cold War Vsync Broken

undertaker101

Banned
Apr 9, 2006
3080 + 5960x+ x99 + Acer X382 Freesync

Vsync doesn't work at all after (it seems) Win 20H2 update last night. Both VSync and G-Sync working ok with other apps (of course the screen isn't gsync certified so some apps have flicker but that has always been the case). Turning off GSync, forcing vsync on via nvcp/game menu, deleting .ini none seem to work.

Is it just me or is this game a sad POS. I mean watchdogs legion has less issues for chrissake!

Saturntime

Nov 27, 2020
Had the same problem bud. What I did to fix this issue was go into NVIDIA Control Panel then to manage 3D settings then to program settings. Then added Cold War then I scrolled down to V sync and changed it from off to on. Then relaunched the game it was fixed. BUT.. if you go into graphics settings in the menu it says V sync is OFF but that’s not true. It’s manually on. So I wouldn’t change or touch it. I believe this is a weird bug. Maybe it’s for only some users like me and you. But it was driving me nuts until I fixed it. Have a good one ✌🏼

undertaker101

Banned
Apr 9, 2006
yea ended up doing the same, performance is also redacted in levels with heavy vegetation, going down to high 30 fps..on a 3080 with everything max and DLSS balanced reviews say it should 100 fps plus yeah right. And while my 5960x @ 4 Ghz (have a 5800x sitting in the closet, waiting to build) is not what it used to be, no way a game like this is limited by the CPU at these settings. Redacted poor optimization at best.

Profanity is not allowed in the tech forums.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/anandtech-forum-guidelines.60552/

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:

Saturntime

Nov 27, 2020
No I think the you’re limited by the CPU. Just because it’s 4ghz it’s old architecture and lower ipc. Most new 2020 AAA games require multithreading also the faster ipc 7nm tech compared to the 5960x 22nm. It sucks cause those were the best for a long time. Seems like newer games you need a little more cores. I guarantee if you put that 5800x you will notice a difference.