COD 4: PC Demo Now Available

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Damnit. Got to 350 megs and it failed.

Son of a... Firefox keeps starting from the beginning.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Can someone torrent please?

I got to 300 megs and yahoo took it off line.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Its already on newsgroups and you are guaranteed to get it there and your maximum speed no matter what.

mode101wpb

Aug 16, 2005
Originally posted by: pcslookout
Originally posted by: mode101wpb
Originally posted by: Azn
Can someone torrent please?

I got to 300 megs and yahoo took it off line.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/38...Call_of_Duty_4_SP_Demo

Sorry but torrent don't guarantee your maximum throughput 24/7 and needs more than one sender for it to be stable. Torrents suck. There is no way your going to get 2 MB/sec to 20MB/sec on torrents.

More seeds the better, Yahoo took down the link so there is little options that I found.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
I don't read news groups. My internet isn't that fast anyways. Thanks for the link. Mode101wpb

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
You all will change your tune really quick when your at 99% complete and the download rate just stops or dies. :laugh:

mode101wpb

Aug 16, 2005
You all will change your tune really quick when your at 99% complete and the download rate just stops or dies. :laugh:

Already happened with Yahoo, many have been dropped at 300-500MB.

mode101wpb

Aug 16, 2005
Isn't the game 1.4 GB ? So that would be more like 1 GB to 1.3 GB.

Yes, but Yahoo is unstable there are mirror sites all over popping up but most if not all are overloaded. Charlie Oscar Delta has plenty of mirrors listed.

The problem with Torrents are seeds, nobody cares to stick around and seed after downloading, was as high as 20 now it's down to 7 lol!

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007

Yes, but Yahoo is unstable there are mirror sites all over popping up but most if not all are overloaded. Charlie Oscar Delta has plenty of mirrors listed.

The problem with Torrents are seeds, nobody cares to stick around and seed after downloading, was as high as 20 now it's down to 7 lol!

Thats what is so funny. :laugh: Newsgroups once its there its there. You don't need all those senders either. All you need is one sender. You only have to do it once too. Not like stupid BT is.

BT sucks plain and simple.

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005

Thats what is so funny. :laugh: Newsgroups once its there its there. You don't need all those senders either. All you need is one sender. You only have to do it once too. Not like stupid BT is.

BT sucks plain and simple.

It doesn't suck when looking for popular content and have legit seeders/trackers.

When looking for old stuff it can suck.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: ZappDogg
allow me to help, boys.

FileFront mirror

Now don't go killing that before I can get home to download it myself.

I had just found this on the COD forum and was about to post it :)

Getting a steady 400KB/s, half of my bandwidth.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001

Don't delete the file. Just let torrent finish it up. That's what I did. :)

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
<--------500kbps from Filefront :)

700mb done....600 to go

mode101wpb

Aug 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Azn

Don't delete the file. Just let torrent finish it up. That's what I did. :)

Funny, I was impatient so I downloaded it at work, Torrent said 3 hours to go when I left, then I come home and see the file planet link (yeah thanks for the link!), already have 50% downloaded in 25 minutes. Should have just waited in the first place lol!

Has anyone played it?

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Gameupdates.org is awesome for game demo, mods, etc torrents. I never ever get anything worth a damn off HTTP/FTP transfers, and it always drops to like 40 k/s or something crap, while I can nearly max my connection from a gameupdates torrent with 2 seeds (I think they have a few dedicated seeders with awesome connects or something). So I recommend it for anyone who wants the torrent. And the users there are usually good about seeding, so if you get it from there, do the same!

People who jump ship as soon as they complete it suck!! I have to seed the majority of the torrents I get to a ratio of 3-4 or higher cause they have such a pathetic ratio (or I'm the lone seeder), which means they are in my client for months at a time.

Also, posted at: COD4 system requirements

Minimum System Requirements :

Processor: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or faster / AMD64 2800+ or faster
Memory: 512 MB RAM (XP) or 768 MB RAM (Vista)
Video Card: GeForce 6600 / Ati Radeon 9800Pro or better
Hard Drive: 8GB

Recommended System Requirements :

Processor: 2.4 GHz Duo Core or faster
Memory: 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 2.0 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card: GeForce 7800 / Ati Radeon X1800 or better
Hard Drive: 8GB

I held off getting the demo until I just read those reqs! Although my 2.7ghz AMD is a little slower than the recommend CPU, I am damn near the recommend reqs which is VERY surprisingly.