Coboc Model SC-SATA3-18-LL-SL 18" SATA III 6Gb/s Data Cable w/ Latch, Silver (Combo of 2, for $1.00, buy 25x for FS) @ Newegg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
12-422-754-02.jpg

Coboc Model SC-SATA3-18-LL-SL 18" SATA III 6Gb/s Data Cable w/ Latch, Silver $0.99

Save $0.98 with combo deal

Silver "rounded" 18" (standard-length) SATA cables (SATA6G-compliant) with locking latches. Work well, I use these as my standard SATA cables when I do builds, and need to add one. (Sometimes, I use the blue 10" ones with locking latches, but those are just like these, only shorter and blue-colored..)

However, if you are looking for a deal, sometimes, every month or two, Newegg has a COBOC 40/50/60%-off sale on their cables, and sometimes these are included, along with right- and left- angled ones too.

That's where I stocked up, got like 50 of them for $25 or so.

Right now, to get free shipping, you would need to order 26 of them, or some additional COBOC items.

Anyways, if you need SATA cables, these are the ones to get, IMHO.

Edit: 2020-08-13: New deal, look below the item, at "Combos", and "Add to Cart", then adjust qty. You need (I believe) 25 combos for free shipping. So, 25x2 = 50 cables, for $25.00 + tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamirD

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Have you had any long-term experience with these 'flaking out' or any other weirdness?
None that I can recall, other than if you "yank" on one, because of the latches, it could stretch the cable, rather than pop out the connector. OTOH, I sometimes hang SSDs from the SATA and power cables, and no ill effects.

WAAAAY better than those cheap "flat red cables" (you know the ones, that used to come with mobos in the 2000s, and chintzy RAID cards). Those I HAVE had issues with, oftentimes just a loose connection at the connector end. No such problems with these Silver rounded SATA cables from COBOC.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
These now also have a 40% off promo code. If it's the same promo code as the Red (pink) right-angled 18" COBOC SATA cables, then you'll have to order both on the SAME ORDER, because you can only use promo codes ONCE per Newegg account.

But $0.59 is a really decent price for some silver rounded SATA cables. I've never had any issue with mine.