Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: WaaZzuupp
i was told not to watch tooo much CNN because of the propagenda ccrap... any commentS?

Most american news on the war has been propaganda crap. They should seriously rename foxnews to "the USA! USA! USA! network".

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
i was told not to watch tooo much CNN because of the propagenda ccrap... any commentS?

Who said that?

I heard that German TV was cautioning viewers to shield their eyes from Fox News.

That just makes me suspicious that Fox may be on to something or no one would care.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Phokus

Most american news on the war has been propaganda crap. They should seriously rename foxnews to "the USA! USA! USA! network".

In order for a news source to not be biased about this, it must state the US is already in a quagmire.
rolleye.gif

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
There's nothing wrong with a bias . . . as long as the outlet is honest. FOXNews is head cheerleader for the war effort. I think the troops should watch it b/c they should believe all Americans support the war and they should believe the war is just.

The rest of the world should avoid FOXNews. NPR, BBC, and CNN are far more likely to produce a credible . . . yet on-balanced skewed towards the coalition viewpoint.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
There's nothing wrong with a bias . . . as long as the outlet is honest. FOXNews is head cheerleader for the war effort. I think the troops should watch it b/c they should believe all Americans support the war and they should believe the war is just.

The rest of the world should avoid FOXNews. NPR, BBC, and CNN are far more likely to produce a credible . . . yet on-balanced skewed towards the coalition viewpoint.
I don't believe that there is an unbiased Newsource reporting this war.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Your balanced sources are generally stating things are going badly, when in fact they are not. Read them all(including fox) and make decisions yourself.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Isn't it funny that the more a network tells us something we agree with the more "balanced" the coverage seems to be. ;)

Not me of course. I'm completely objective.
rolleye.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ManSnake

This is the only news source you need!
Yeah if you are a simple Minded Dittohead who likes having others do all the thinking for them. Newsmax, the Site for Sycophants!

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Morph
Well it appears that censorship is alive and well on the Anandtech Forums as well. This was not a repost.

Making a mistake does not constitute censorship asshat.
BTW a post like yours belongs in forum issues or you could PM the moderator directly.

Soldat

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2000
NPR, BBC, and CNN all need to get a clue.......2 days ago when we were 9 days into a major war those networks had us 'bogged down' 'uprepared' etc. Fox News isn't perfect but it's still the best out there.

Anyone with a clue about the military...like myself....need only to listen to the ridiculous questions posed by reporters at the briefings to realize how uninformed the media really is. It is unfortunate that those 'uninformed' are tasked with reporting the news.

btw, love that news source mansnake

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003

I'd take NPR off that list. They have a pretty pro-liberal bias. Pro-democrat, anti-republican. If you listen to them they also seem to be pro-Palestinian, anti- Israel.