CNN, MSNBC and NPR darling gets arrested

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
"A journalist for censorship."

She didn't like an ad in the New York subway and thought it would be fine to spray paint it out. When another woman tried to question and stop her she sprayed the other woman repeatedly with the toxic spray paint. When she was arrested she plays to the cameras. I wonder if she has any #Occupy experience?

The New York Post reported Egyptian-American columnist Mona Eltahawy has been arrested for defacing an anti-Muslim ad in the New York subway system. The video shows her spraying pink paint on the ad while a supporter of the ad tries to block her. She's a journalist for censorship.

Eltahawy, a former Reuters correspondent, has been a recent favorite of CNN and MSNBC’s weekend morning shows to discuss Egypt, and she often smears together the Islamist “right wing” and the American right wing, as she did on Melissa Harris-Perry just 11 days ago [video and transcript below]:........................
Eltahawy was even featured on the September 15 NBC Nightly News decrying America’s long-term support for Egyptian dictators.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...ed-vandalizing-anti-muslim-ad-ny-subway-syste

Read the report about the story on CBS and no mention is made of her spraying the other woman.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162...dalizing-pro-israel-anti-jihad-nyc-subway-ad/

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Idiot. what a fucking retard. Did she really have to spray the other woman in the face with the spray paint and turn this into a physical altercation? Some people are way to emotional.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Idiot. what a fucking retard. Did she really have to spray the other woman in the face with the spray paint and turn this into a physical altercation? Some people are way to emotional.

No shit what a psycho. I've never heard of her before and google images knows why...

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad.

I support Israel, but this ad is pretty lame. She's wrong but so is the other woman. Let her paint and get arrested.

Riparian

Jul 21, 2011
"A journalist for censorship."

She didn't like an ad in the New York subway and thought it would be fine to spray paint it out. When another woman tried to question and stop her she sprayed the other woman repeatedly with the toxic spray paint. When she was arrested she plays to the cameras. I wonder if she has any #Occupy experience?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...ed-vandalizing-anti-muslim-ad-ny-subway-syste

Read the report about the story on CBS and no mention is made of her spraying the other woman.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162...dalizing-pro-israel-anti-jihad-nyc-subway-ad/

One more idiot who doesn't understand free speech off the street. Thumbsup.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
"
When another woman tried to question and stop her she sprayed the other woman repeatedly with the toxic spray paint.

Not true. I watched the entire video. She did not spray the other woman at all, let alone repeatedly, with "the toxic spray paint." You told a deliberate lie, unsupported by the video of the entire incident and stated nowhere in the article you link to and quote.

Your own quote from the article does state the truth, not your lie:

The video shows her spraying pink paint on the ad while a supporter of the ad tries to block her.

LIAR.

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Not true. I watched the entire video. She did not spray the other woman at all, let alone repeatedly, with "the toxic spray paint." You are a liar.

The very article you quote in your OP says the truth, not your lie:

Fuck you, I watched it and the other woman was sprayed you lying sack of shit.

*edit* The first time at .23,34-37, 49. listed.

Last edited:

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Not true. I watched the entire video. She did not spray the other woman at all, let alone repeatedly, with "the toxic spray paint." You told a deliberate lie, unsupported by the video of the entire incident and stated nowhere in the article you link to and quote.

LIAR.

LOL. In fact she went out of her way to not spray on the person who was blocking the ad. :) Good for her.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

LIAR.

Wow bold claims from the mod, but how about you look closer and see her spray painting her backpack and side. You can clearly see the paint on the backpack. So you LIAR how do you feel being called a fucking LIAR? IMO this should cost you your mod status, what garbage.

On to the topic of the poster, can someone explain to me how the poster draws the conclusion that all Muslims are savages? I see it equating those who take up Jihad as the savages and in that case I would have to agree. IMO Mona is the one drawing the conclusion that Muslims are savages and then acts in a savage emotional way.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
PS Perknose, you think spray paint shoots in a straight line where you point it and only in those spots? It sprays out the sides as well, quite a big spray zone. Ever used a spray can? Moron. Also, VANDALISM in fact the other woman did the RIGHT thing in trying to prevent the vandalism and hold Mona off until police arrived.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Fuck you, I watched it and the other woman was sprayed you lying sack of shit.

*edit* The first time at .23,34-37. i'll list others.
Ok, I went and watched the entire video full screen this time. So, yeah, once, Incidentally, accidentally, she got some under one arm. It was unintentional as the woman repeatedly moved into her way as she was trying to spray paint the poster.

What you said was a deliberate LIE on your part, a deliberate mischaracterization of what happened.

Here's the FUCKING LIE YOU TOLD.

When another woman tried to question and stop her she sprayed the other woman repeatedly with the toxic spray paint.

You are The SCUMBAG FUCKING LIAR here.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Ok, I went and watched the entire video full screen this time. So, yeah, once, Incidentally, accidentally, she got some under one arm. It was unintentional as the woman repeatedly moved into her way as she was trying to spray paint the poster.

What you said was a deliberate LIE on your part, a deliberate mischaracterization of what happened.

No you're a fucking idiot who doesn't understand how spray paint works. I hope you lose your mod status over this, what a fucking tool bag you are.

Perknose you are a LIAR.

I bolded the mod callout that has earned a week vacation from posting in the forums. Mod callouts are not permitted. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

No I'm not and any reasonable person that's ever used spray paint and watches the video knows it. I also gave my word that I wouldn't use the big font trick and I'm not.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Perknose is right. The woman was obviously not sprayed on the face, or intentionally anywhere else.

The woman with the camera & tripod is an obvious do-gooder idiot.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Perknose is right. The woman was obviously not sprayed on the face, or intentionally anywhere else.

You're an idiot too who has no idea how spray paint works. Seriously Jhhnn have you ever even held a spray can before?

Feb 6, 2007
Saying "she sprayed the other woman repeatedly with the toxic spray paint" makes it sound like she literally assaulted the other woman with spray paint. That's complete bullshit; she continually tried to spray around the woman, moving from side to side looking for an opening. Yes, some of the spray paint got on the woman who was blocking her, but none of that was because Eltahawy was intentionally spraying the woman who was blocking her. What she did was wrong, but to characterize it as an assault on someone who stepped in her way is an unabashed lie, and really unnecessary given that she was being an idiot regardless of whether you characterize it as an assault or not.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

Your attitude was markedly different when some #Occupy protesters were being sprayed with a much safer and less toxic spray.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Saying "she sprayed the other woman repeatedly with the toxic spray paint" makes it sound like she literally assaulted the other woman with spray paint. That's complete bullshit; she continually tried to spray around the woman, moving from side to side looking for an opening. Yes, some of the spray paint got on the woman who was blocking her, but none of that was because Eltahawy was intentionally spraying the woman who was blocking her. What she did was wrong, but to characterize it as an assault on someone who stepped in her way is an unabashed lie, and really unnecessary given that she was being an idiot regardless of whether you characterize it as an assault or not.

This.

Jan 25, 2011

Bout what I took away from it and certainly was not what I anticipated to see when I read the OP.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

She did spray the other woman repeatedly with the spray can. You can dance and lie about what I said all you want, but it's there in plain language.

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001
They are both whack jobs and so is the OP for trying to put his special slant on this.

The self appointed "protector of signs" has paint on her backside from rubbing up against the sign. I guess she has her special "sign police" badge hidden away.

Perknose called out the lie and spin and the truth angers the OP.