CNN Bias Again?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Metaphorical walls, not physical barriers.

Delivered, one metaphorical wall.

Not back to not tossing people out of their homes and paying wages due when due.

But if we're going to have a shutdown, then lets. No security for Trump, no electricity, food or anything to anyone who benefits. No airplanes, no golf, no travel, no heat, no national security, the real things.

A nation dead in the water, a perfect smaller government.

You guys will cry like a bitch in 72 hours.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm going to ask you 2 questions and be careful how you answer.

What is the #1 source for people in this country illegally?
Has Trump done anything about it?

Now let's get back to the so called "security emergency" at the Southern border.

I don't understand question one. The best I can answer it is the #1 source of illegal immigrants is Mexico..? Is that what you are fishing for? Trump is in process of trying to do something about it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Right, it is in the trade deal.
We're getting a check when we get that unratified trade deal??

Are you talking about savings to the American people? Have numbers been run showing this or did Trump pull that out of his ass?

Since any savings realized by this so call new trade deal are supposed to benefit the American people, we are being taxed for his wall.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't understand question one. The best I can answer it is the #1 source of illegal immigrants is Mexico..? Is that what you are fishing for? Trump is in process of trying to do something about it.
VISA OVERSTAYS are the #1 source for people being in this country illegally.

Has Trump done anything to avert the so called crisis?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trigger warning: This is from Trump's Twitter account, it is a 1:30 video. It posts facts and figures. What is AT P&N's take on this?

Why don't you provide your take on the facts and figures I gave about border walls already?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Pretty much. I don't think its an emergency. SS just tried to make the case it was, and I think that is wrong.

Of course it's wrong. He's completely full of shit. If it's a national emergency now, why wasn't it seen as one 10-20 years ago when illegal immigration was much higher?

capture5.png

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Example. Absent that its just you spouting a baseless claim

This is a video from Mark Dice, I use him on this because his video is the most complete. He is a far rightie anti-liberal, and I do not agree with everything he does, but in this particular instance he did a great job. If you care to watch the video showing CNN going out of their way to make Trump look bad, here it is.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Of course it's wrong. He's completely full of shit. If it's a national emergency now, why wasn't it seen as one 10-20 years ago when illegal immigration was much higher?

capture5.png

Wow, close to a half a million a year five years ago, and a solidly upwards trend there. It is an emergency.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
VISA OVERSTAYS are the #1 source for people being in this country illegally.

Has Trump done anything to avert the so called crisis?

That needs to be addressed as well. That doesn't mean the wall is a bad idea and will not tangibly help stop illegal immigration. But the human trafficking issue is probably much more closely tied to illegal border crossings, not people overstaying their VISA.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wow, close to a half a million a year five years ago, and a solidly upwards trend there. It is an emergency.

So dishonest. Illegal crossings were several times greater in the past & even GWB didn't say it was a national emergency.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That needs to be addressed as well. That doesn't mean the wall is a bad idea and will not tangibly help stop illegal immigration. But the human trafficking issue is probably much more closely tied to illegal border crossings, not people overstaying their VISA.

Pulled that right out of your ass, huh?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So dishonest. Illegal crossings were several times greater in the past & even GWB didn't say it was a national emergency.

It was a problem then, maybe even an emergency. It has been ignored far too long. I am not pro-human trafficking, are you? According to the very graph you posted, the trend from '11 to '14 is an upwards one, yes/no? We are talking about hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants still, yes/no?

Did you watch the video I posted above from Trump's twitter? What do you think about those numbers?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

capture5.png

Tell me, what is the right number of illegal immigrants?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You consistently add nothing to the conversation.

I notice you didn't address the question. What is the basis for the claim you made? Hail Trump, or what?

I have this mental image of your arm shooting up involuntarily into the Nazi salute every time Trump is mentioned, kinda like Dr Strangelove...

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I've seen information that shows that they are effective, so...

Even Jim Acosta helped display this.

I mentioned this when you did before.

If the wall was responsible for "tranquility", where precisely, was the chaos, rioting and rushing across the border in unfenced areas that day?

Hundreds rushing across at- wait there was none of that.

Sometimes I wish you had a valid point but you must choose the least rationally debatable subjects with no good basis. Trump lied about drugs coming across the border, Sanders failed to manipulate terrorism figures to support your leader. But you draw a line in the sand and dare people to cross and embrace lies for control.

I wonder what drives you to lose so badly, or perhaps what is more important than your credibility, the attraction for trolling (badly that is) or a genuine adoration for Trump? Perhaps it's that you are getting attention. You come in and know beforehand you will be seen and responded to. That it is negative is not as important as validating that others look your way. You act needy for attention, any attention and that requires professional help beyond my scope of practice.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I mentioned this when you did before.

If the wall was responsible for "tranquility", where precisely, was the chaos, rioting and rushing across the border in unfenced areas that day?

Hundreds rushing across at- wait there was none of that.

Sometimes I wish you had a valid point but you must choose the least rationally debatable subjects with no good basis. Trump lied about drugs coming across the border, Sanders failed to manipulate terrorism figures to support your leader. But you draw a line in the sand and dare people to cross and embrace lies for control.

I wonder what drives you to lose so badly, or perhaps what is more important than your credibility, the attraction for trolling (badly that is) or a genuine adoration for Trump? Perhaps it's that you are getting attention. You come in and know beforehand you will be seen and responded to. That it is negative is not as important as validating that others look your way. You act needy for attention, any attention and that requires professional help beyond my scope of practice.

Slow works on the principle that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Who gives a shit? I gave you empirical research. If you care about facts and figures, address it.

I am increasingly convinced that he's not here to debate, he's here for people to engage and laugh when others become frustrated. He doen't care about fact and figures, he cares about your emotional response and those of others. I shall respond by viewing him as a bug of a noxious variety, poking at him out of nothing but an interest in his response to stimuli.