clutch in a honda civic?

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
hey,

i was just reading some old car threads and i just thought about this...

i drive a '95 civic with 5 speed maunal transmission, how long will the clutch last? i'm just asking for an estimation from all the car people, cause i don't know jack about cars...so far there are 82K miles on it...TIA

oh yeah, how will i know when it needs to be replaced? will the clutch just not work at all and i will hear and feel all this grinding?

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
How long your clutch will last depends on how you drive. If you dont slip the clutch too much and avoid sidestepping the clutch then who knows. I have had two brand new cars that were sold when they reached 150K and they still had the factory clutches in them.

Be Nice to it and it will last. If your clutch starts to go out you will know, usually they slip, and it is hard to miss. Sometimes the throwout bearing starts making a lot of noise, but this does not mean the clutch is bad. Another common problem with clutches is "chattering". You would notice this also, the vehicle will shake as you try to engage the clutch.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
yea, i have a 156k on my factory clutch in an accord, its been used right for almost all its life, so i expect it to last for quite a bit longer yet. just don't abuse your clutch and that civic's clutch should last u till you're ready for a new car!