Clubbing in Miami

Britboy

Jul 25, 2001
I'm going down to Florida for a long weekend of golf, laying on the beach and clubbing. We plan on going clubbing in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami beach. There will be four of us, all straight guys.

Any recommendations on clubs to hit?
What do we need to wear to get in? Does it even matter?
What kind of $$$ are we talking about? Big cover charges etc?

Thanx!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Britboy
I'm going down to Florida for a long weekend of golf, laying on the beach and clubbing. We plan on going clubbing in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami beach. There will be four of us, all straight guys.

Any recommendations on clubs to hit?
What do we need to wear to get in? Does it even matter?
What kind of $$$ are we talking about? Big cover charges etc?

Thanx!

Perhaps define the clubbing you like...

South Beach is tried and true....if you are in miami it doesn't make sense to stop by.

Ft. Lauderdale and Miami both have tons of places on and off the beaten path.

When I am down there it's usually Ft. Lauderdale, but the way I find the places is seeing if there are flyers around other places I am at down there or just walking the strip and stopping at places that seem banging.

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
Southbeach is more the rich/young crowd. Fort Laud is more the older mature crowd. If it was me i'd go to uncle al's off of 84 and weston road order up some wings and beer and enjoy the company with some friends. But then again the club scene was never really appealing to me.

As far as clothing it will really depend on what club. Many of the richer clubs in southbeach you'll want to dress really nice. But the whole south beach scene has that nicer dress appeal to it. Fort lauderdale you can dress regular and still fit in.

Both areas can have High cover charges but for the norm expect about $15

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
clubbing = trendy

so dress to impress in your finest trendy swag. The more trendy the club the higher the entrance fees. Some places may not even let you in if you arent on the guest list or don't have any chicks in your party.

Britboy

Jul 25, 2001
Thanks for the info. There will be 4 3X year old guys, no ladies.

I'm not that keen on paying a fortune to be in the best clubs, just looking for places that will have a good atmosphere. Dance/Techno is preferable

Would designer jeans, nice shirt & shoes be good or am I going to need to wear dress pants? Unfortunately, I don't own a pimp suit so that's out:)

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Britboy
Thanks for the info. There will be 4 3X year old guys, no ladies.

I'm not that keen on paying a fortune to be in the best clubs, just looking for places that will have a good atmosphere. Dance/Techno is preferable

Would designer jeans, nice shirt & shoes be good or am I going to need to wear dress pants? Unfortunately, I don't own a pimp suit so that's out:)

A great Dance/Techno club (pretty much young crowd) is going to be hard to pull off at 30+ unless sporting good game...dress code is really dependant on coin and time of night.

I have walked in at 6pm to a club, left and then told my dress didn't match the rules when I came back later. Many relax for happy hour.

Shoes IMHO are the biggest thing they focus on. Many will allow real designer jeans in. If they dont want you they will say no demin even when you can see others in it.

If $20 is a stretch to get in, you will do your best walking it and asking whats the cover at the door. Let your personality get you the best price.

Going in early is the easiest and cheapest. Even the near top tier clubs will let early birds in free to show the place has a crowd. The top tiers really are trying to keep people out.

When all is said and done club experiences are really the same in a given niche.