Feb 4, 2009
We’ve all heard it no Republicans are invited, except they are and at least this guy is too busy to attend:

Ted Yoho of Florida is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee

Reactions: Thebobo

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Fox is already spinning the news of the House vote for the impeachment inquiry saying they were right all along that the Dems were shitting on the process.

I think it's bad idea to give in not just because of this but the goal posts will just keep moving. I hope Dems have a plan other than trusting the WH IB their word.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Fox is already spinning the news of the House vote for the impeachment inquiry saying they were right all along that the Dems were shitting on the process.

I think it's bad idea to give in not just because of this but the goal posts will just keep moving. I hope Dems have a plan other than trusting the WH IB their word.
I think it is more likely that they have all the closed-door testimony they need and it is time to move on to the public phase, rather than some capitulation to the GOP.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Below is the text of an interview between CNN reporter Raju and GOP rep. Mark Amodei. It explains why I rarely bother to listen to anything these guys say or tweet.

RAJU: The substance of the things that have come out is that the President asked for a public investigation into his rivals and also Ukraine aid was being withheld. And Bill Taylor testified--
AMODEI: That's your conclusion. But my conclusion--
RAJU: No, no, that's not my conclusion. I'm saying that's what's come out. And--
AMODEI: That sounds like a conclusion to me. So we disagree on the question.
RAJU: The President has asked for the Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens. Is that OK?
AMODEI: The President has asked for the whistleblower complaint to go through the normal processes. And we've seen nothing of that. So beyond that, when you say that you've made the conclusion or whatever, it's like you're a gifted guy because guess what? It isn't over and you already know what you think.
RAJU: The White House transcript that was released had President Trump asking President Zelensky to open an investigation into the Bidens.
AMODEI: Do you know if they've even got plans to call the whistleblower? 'Cause I heard they didn't.
RAJU: You're not answering my question about the substance of the allegation.
AMODEI: I disagree with your conclusion. It's a conclusion, not a question.
RAJU: I'm asking about what's in the White House transcript.
AMODEI: My English teacher says you've got a conclusion. So if you want to interview yourself, go right ahead. You're interviewing me.
RAJU: Why don't you want to answer the question? Is it OK for the President to ask a foreign country to investigate the Bidens?
AMODEI: Why don't you do an interview instead of interviewing yourself?
RAJU: The President asked on the White House lawn--
AMODEI: Will you answer my question?
RAJU: On the South Lawn of the White House, the President asked them to investigate the Bidens. Is that OK?
AMODEI: You know what. If you don't want to interview me, then interview yourself.
RAJU: I'm asking you a question. If you don't want to answer--
AMODEI: I don't understand.
RAJU: You don't understand?
AMODEI: Yeah, thanks for doing the best you could.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Below is the text of an interview between CNN reporter Raju and GOP rep. Mark Amodei. It explains why I rarely bother to listen to anything these guys say or tweet.
What do you do with a feckless slimeball, such as this guy?
Vote him out Nevadans. You're better than what you're getting from
this guy.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
The only way Amodei loses is if he gets primaried from the carpet bagger sleazeball known as Adam Laxalt.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

RAJU: The substance of the things that have come out is that the President asked for a public investigation into his rivals and also Ukraine aid was being withheld. And Bill Taylor testified--
AMODEI: That's your conclusion. But my conclusion--
RAJU: No, no, that's not my conclusion. I'm saying that's what's come out. And--
AMODEI: That sounds like a conclusion to me. So we disagree on the question.
RAJU: The President has asked for the Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens. Is that OK?
AMODEI: The President has asked for the whistleblower complaint to go through the normal processes. And we've seen nothing of that. So beyond that, when you say that you've made the conclusion or whatever, it's like you're a gifted guy because guess what? It isn't over and you already know what you think.
RAJU: The White House transcript that was released had President Trump asking President Zelensky to open an investigation into the Bidens.
AMODEI: Do you know if they've even got plans to call the whistleblower? 'Cause I heard they didn't.
RAJU: You're not answering my question about the substance of the allegation.
AMODEI: I disagree with your conclusion. It's a conclusion, not a question.
RAJU: I'm asking about what's in the White House transcript.
AMODEI: My English teacher says you've got a conclusion. So if you want to interview yourself, go right ahead. You're interviewing me.
RAJU: Why don't you want to answer the question? Is it OK for the President to ask a foreign country to investigate the Bidens?
AMODEI: Why don't you do an interview instead of interviewing yourself?
RAJU: The President asked on the White House lawn--
AMODEI: Will you answer my question?
RAJU: On the South Lawn of the White House, the President asked them to investigate the Bidens. Is that OK?
AMODEI: You know what. If you don't want to interview me, then interview yourself.
RAJU: I'm asking you a question. If you don't want to answer--
AMODEI: I don't understand.
RAJU: You don't understand?
AMODEI: Yeah, thanks for doing the best you could.

This is what happens when your caucus is packed with incurious dolts. They know everything they want to know.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It's extremely scary that a President is facing impeachment and a member of Congress is unwilling to even hear testimony.

I'll check if he was one of the Repubs crashing the closed session that already had Repub committee members in there.

Mar 11, 2004
It's extremely scary that a President is facing impeachment and a member of Congress is unwilling to even hear testimony.

That's how they've operated and people need to get properly pissed at them again. Remember when they pulled the same fucking shit about health care? "I haven't even read the bill so I can't say what's in it, but you're wrong about all the ways you say its bad." But they were going to vote on it and then acted like they didn't understand why people were so goddamned pissed off at them? We need more people calling bullshit and demanding these motherfuckers answer basic questions and if they keep playing stupid, well we'll treat them like the stupid mother fuckers they are start giving them pacifiers and diapers so they can go take a nap while the grownups deal with this shit.

Clarify: I'm talking about the Rubs trainwreck "fuck 'em all" healthcare plan they tried to push through under Turmp.