Cloning drive with Seagate Disc Wizard

jpk

Mar 30, 2001
I'm wanting to clone the drive with my OS on it, C:, to a new drive. I have Seagate Disc Wizard/Acronis True Image software. If I clone my C: drive over to the larger drive will I be able to use the new drive as my C: drive? Of course I would not have the original drive in the computer when I boot to the new drive. Will this work?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
That is the way it is supposed to work. When you clone the C drive, the clone is the C drive, and the old one needs to be disconnected. It can later be reformatted and used as a second drive.

jpk

Mar 30, 2001
That is the way it is supposed to work. When you clone the C drive, the clone is the C drive, and the old one needs to be disconnected. It can later be reformatted and used as a second drive.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Now, once the new drive becomes the C: drive, how do I reinstall the original drive to reformat the old drive without the computer looking for it on boot up?

jpk

Mar 30, 2001

Worked great. Thanks Corkyg!