clinton

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
[Hillary said] she accepted her husband's story at first - that he had befriended the intern, Monica Lewinsky, when she asked for job-hunting help, "had talked to her a few times" - and that the relationship had been horribly misconstrued.

"For me, the Lewinsky imbroglio seemed like just another vicious scandal manufactured by political opponents."

More than six months later, with the president preparing to testify before a grand jury, Mrs Clinton was still adamant that her husband had done nothing wrong.

Then, on the morning of Saturday, August 15, 1998, he woke her up, paced at the bedside, and "told me for the first time that the situation was much more serious than he had previously acknowledged."

"He now realised he would have to testify that there had been an inappropriate intimacy. He told me that what happened between them had been brief and sporadic."

He was ashamed and knew she would be angry, she recounts.

"I could hardly breathe. Gulping for air, I started crying and yelling at him, 'What do you mean? What are you saying? Why did you lie to me? I was furious and getting more so by the second.

Awefully hard to believe that Hillary was the only person in the country that actually believed her husband. I guess she just believes what she wants to believe...

Not to mention Hillary's involvement with the firing of the White House Travel Staff: http://www.warroom.com/Hilary/liar.htm

Independent Counsel (IC) Robert Ray concluded that Mrs. Clinton (that would be "Hillary!" for those familiar with her campaign bumper stickers) gave "factually inaccurate" sworn testimony when she tried to conceal her role in the scandal.

Shall I continue?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: PainTrain
I'd just like to say I'm truly impressed, I would've never guessed this little experiment of a thread would've bloomed to such an enormous heap of hate filled neo-con drivel. I'd especially like to thank Genisys and CAD for being such hyper-partisan sheep and illustrating their tendencies in such a gloriously partisan and miopic way.

With that out the way, please continue as I am truly fascinated by this process. I'll catch up with you !@ards tomorrow, time permitting.

:D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Independent Counsel (IC) Robert Ray concluded that Mrs. Clinton (that would be "Hillary!" for those familiar with her campaign bumper stickers) gave "factually inaccurate" sworn testimony when she tried to conceal her role in the scandal.

Shall I continue?

Don't even bother anymore - they won't believe anything unless they see it in the news.
rolleye.gif

Bowfinger just smiles as his underling PainTrain, or whoever he logged in as to troll, tries to heap misguided accusations on those of us who know that Hillary lied.

Sept 17 2001
Sen. Clinton: "She'd gone on what she thought would be a great jog. She was going down to the Battery Park, she was going to go around the towers. She went to get a cup of coffee and ? that's when the plane hit."

Pauley: "She was close enough to hear the rumble."

Sen. Clinton: "She did hear it. She did."

Pauley: "And to see the smoke ... "

Sen. Clinton: "That's right."

Pauley: " ... in person, not on television."

Sen. Clinton: "No ... "

But yeah, they won't believe that either because I'm not going to give them my source. The can pony up the $12 for the transcript(www.burrelles.com) or spend a bit of time looking. Come DM, et.al. - prove that transcript wrong.:)

It's quite hilarious that some around here throw terms like "hyper-partisan sheep" and say other's are "partisan and miopic"-your quotes PT, when infact they won't accept when someone else is right.

Keep bleating lefties...you make me laugh:D

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Shall I continue?

Not unless you have a better source than these two morons. Quinn and Rose? WHO THE F are Quinn and Rose? Look I know you conservative types are all in a lather over Hillary and you want to "get her" so bad, but geeze at least find some sources that aren't massive conspiracy theorists.

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Shall I continue?

Don't even bother anymore - they won't believe anything unless they see it in the news.
rolleye.gif

Bowfinger just smiles as his underling PainTrain, or whoever he logged in as to troll, tries to heap misguided accusations on those of us who know that Hillary lied.

CkG

What the hell makes me a troll?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Shall I continue?

Not unless you have a better source than these two morons. Quinn and Rose? WHO THE F are Quinn and Rose? Look I know you conservative types are all in a lather over Hillary and you want to "get her" so bad, but geeze at least find some sources that aren't massive conspiracy theorists.

I was hoping you'd ask:

http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/10/19/95541

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1996/news/9609/18/travelgate/index.shtml

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/whitewater/stories/wwtr950227.htm

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Hey Cad, I heard Bush lies too. What about that? Do you like my "credible source?" Ooooh, here's another one - how 'bout that? Do you agree that Bush lied too? Come on, admit it. Bush is a liar liar pants on fire. Right?

rolleye.gif

So that excuses Hillary's lie? Or were you just diverting?;) Wasn't she the subject of this tango?
There are plenty of threads for you to post about Bush.

Find anything wrong with the transcript yet? Got an excuse for her story yet?

Didn't think so.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Hey Cad, I heard Bush lies too. What about that? Do you like my "credible source?" Ooooh, here's another one - how 'bout that? Do you agree that Bush lied too? Come on, admit it. Bush is a liar liar pants on fire. Right?

rolleye.gif

So that excuses Hillary's lie? Or were you just diverting?;) Wasn't she the subject of this tango?
There are plenty of threads for you to post about Bush.

Find anything wrong with the transcript yet? Got an excuse for her story yet?

Didn't think so.

CkG

No I was pointing out the fact that I can find a zillion half-assed sites with zero credibility that claim Bush lied, yet you won't believe any one of them. Meanwhile, you expect me to take your word for it regarding Hillary. Please Cad, give the rest of us a break.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: PainTrain

What the hell makes me a troll?

Don't like names all of a sudden? Hmmm...go figure.;)

Posting nondescript threads for the sole purpose of getting the divisive reaction you want is trolling.

CkG

<-waits for the obligitory post about how I didn't call XXX a troll for starting YYY thread
rolleye.gif
Again - I'm not a MOD - If I were -there would be a hell of a lot of locked threads....on BOTH sides of the political spectrum, but since i'm not - I get to choose using looser standards.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Okay, let's take a look....

Hillary Clinton gave "factually false" testimony about firing the White House travel staff, but not enough to warrant indictment, independent counsel Robert Ray has concluded.

<snip>

In concluding his 243-page report, Ray said the evidence he would be allowed by a court to introduce in a trial was insufficient to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that the false statements were made with the criminal intent required to convict the first lady of perjury.

Next up...

We've got a story about a Republican-led House committee approved a report which concludes the president and the first lady condoned a plan to fire seven longtime travel office employees, and to replace them with political cronies. NOWHERE IN THIS STORY DOES IT SAY AND/OR PROVE THAT HILLARY LIED.

Okay, next:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/whitewater/stories/wwtr950227.htm

Lots of background info on "travel gate" but still not definitive proof that Hillary lied somehow.

Wow, you guys are absolutely pathetic. You guys can't even come up with a shred of proof of ANYTHING. And you have the nerve to dish out crap in the "Bush Lied" threads. Unreal. Could you be anymore hypocritical?
rolleye.gif

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003

Okay, let's take a look....

Hillary Clinton gave "factually false" testimony about firing the White House travel staff, but not enough to warrant indictment, independent counsel Robert Ray has concluded.

<snip>

In concluding his 243-page report, Ray said the evidence he would be allowed by a court to introduce in a trial was insufficient to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that the false statements were made with the criminal intent required to convict the first lady of perjury.

Next up...

We've got a story about a Republican-led House committee approved a report which concludes the president and the first lady condoned a plan to fire seven longtime travel office employees, and to replace them with political cronies. NOWHERE IN THIS STORY DOES IT SAY AND/OR PROVE THAT HILLARY LIED.

Okay, next:

Lots of background info on "travel gate" but still not definitive proof that Hillary lied somehow.

Wow, you guys are absolutely pathetic. You guys can't even come up with a shred of proof of ANYTHING. And you have the nerve to dish out crap in the "Bush Lied" threads. Unreal. Could you be anymore hypocritical?
rolleye.gif

Way to go DM... perhaps you can even figure out the point I'm trying to make on your own. I'll give you a hint: I wanted you to discredit my point :)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Way to go DM... perhaps you can even figure out the point I'm trying to make on your own. I'll give you a hint: I wanted you to discredit my point :)

So you got nothin' just like Cad. Figures. Why don't you two dig up something credible and let me know when you do. Otherwise, quit running your suckholes, Hillary lied about as much as Bush did. :p

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

So you got nothin' just like Cad. Figures. Why don't you two dig up something credible and let me know when you do. Otherwise, quit running your suckholes, Hillary lied about as much as Bush did. :p

Ahem - I have that transcript(which is posted)...unless you challenge it's accuracy and can offer proof it's wrong. Hillary lied.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Well, it looks like the Talk Magazine interview shows that Chelsea hears about the first plane from her friend's apartment and then heads down there ... where she's close enough to hear the rumble and later sees people fleeing from Grand Central terminal. Where's the huge discrepency?

Chelsea Clinton writes that on the morning of Sept. 11, she was staying with her best friend from Sidwell Friends School, Nicole Davison, at her apartment near Manhattan's Union Square -- not far from the World Trade Center.

When Davison called from work to say that a plane had crashed into the twin towers, Clinton tried to call her mother but the line went dead after an assistant answered. She "stared senselessly at the television," then headed downtown, where she heard a deafening rumble. The first tower had collapsed. On her way back to the apartment, Clinton learned that the Pentagon had been attacked.

She thought of the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme.

"I am still unsure about what Humpty Dumpty represented to me on that day, because I do not subscribe to -- and I even resent -- the theory that America's arrogance, even indirectly, led to the attacks. It just seemed as though the world were falling down, like Humpty Dumpty."

In one passage, Clinton deftly makes clear her Democratic pedigree while embracing bipartisan unity. Venturing out again with Davison, "I was expounding on the detriments of Bush's tax cut as we approached Grand Central Terminal and were met with hordes of people running out of the station," some crying "Fire!" and "Bomb!"

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003

That almost what I wanted to get across... Come on, DM... I thought you were way smarter then that. Why would I show you one website that proved my point and then three others that disproved it? Why would Daniel do such a thing?

Your answer: "You got nothin' just like Cad."

The correct answer: You can find "proof" for just about everything on the internet. Even seemingly contradicting conclusions can be found. So, no matter what "proof" I post of Hillary Clinton's lies, you will be able to find a source that states otherwise. And, since you don't think she lies, you will naturally tend to believe your source over mine, whether it is credible or not.

And, just for the record, this thread is about Hillary Clinton, not President Bush.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
um...i haven't been keepign up on this issue at all...and i really don't know what the significance of hillary's lie regarding chelsea's presence during the WTC attacks is. But what i want to know is...where he fvck are the wmds bush was talking about last year?

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Pers
um...i haven't been keepign up on this issue at all...and i really don't know what the significance of hillary's lie regarding chelsea's presence during the WTC attacks is. But what i want to know is...where he fvck are the wmds bush was talking about last year?

didnt you hear about the $60 mil in chemical weapons that were being smuggled out of Iraq a few months ago? I heard about it on the 700 Club, Rush Limbauh, and Sean Hannity.

Link ive never heard of this site, its just the first one that came up on google, and confirms that the story i read was real and i wasnt hallicinating.

Heres another

oh well, i know these arent "credible" sources as per DM's requsites, but theyll do.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

That almost what I wanted to get across... Come on, DM... I thought you were way smarter then that. Why would I show you one website that proved my point and then three others that disproved it? Why would Daniel do such a thing?

The correct answer: You can find "proof" for just about everything on the internet. Even seemingly contradicting conclusions can be found. So, no matter what "proof" I post of Hillary Clinton's lies, you will be able to find a source that states otherwise. And, since you don't think she lies, you will naturally tend to believe your source over mine, whether it is credible or not.

And, just for the record, this thread is about Hillary Clinton, not President Bush.

You guys are so ridiculous. You set the standard of proof so low for Hillary Clinton and so high for Bush. I'd have no problem acknowledging that Hillary lied, but I still haven't seen anything that leads me to that conclusion. It's good to see your standards of proof are subject to change based on partisanship. You so easily accept that Hillary lies, yet the possibility that Bush lied is beyond reproach.

With regards to sources, all I ask for is a mainstream media source. It wouldn't be that difficult if your stories were credible. ;)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Genesys
Originally posted by: Pers

didnt you hear about the $60 mil in chemical weapons that were being smuggled out of Iraq a few months ago? I heard about it on the 700 Club, Rush Limbauh, and Sean Hannity.

Link ive never heard of this site, its just the first one that came up on google, and confirms that the story i read was real and i wasnt hallicinating.

Heres another

oh well, i know these arent "credible" sources as per DM's requsites, but theyll do.

Been refuted. Aka, never happened. If this were true it would be brought up every time the Bush admin opened its' mouth.

UCSDHappyAsian

Oct 22, 2003
well clinton visited China and honor an AIDS patient for his achievement??

i was like wtf?? what kinda achievement?? spreadin diseases like a crazy mofo???
Clinton acted very comfortable next to this AIDS patient while giving a public speech... how gay!!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: UCSDHappyAsian
well clinton visited China and honor an AIDS patient for his achievement??

i was like wtf?? what kinda achievement?? spreadin diseases like a crazy mofo???
Clinton acted very comfortable next to this AIDS patient while giving a public speech... how gay!!

Hmmmm, now Clinton is gay? Nice rational conclusion there buddy... What's next?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Forgive me if I respectfully decline to join your hallucination.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Forgive me if I respectfully decline to join your hallucination.

No hallucination, so you don't have to join. You smiled at your underling - Paintrain, take it as a compliment Bow:). PainTrain has admitted to having 2 accounts(because he forgot his other password i guess) which I was making fun of. He also made accusations of hyper-partisanship and myopic ways - both of which are misguided and untrue.

I think you misinterpreted my statement to accuse you of "or whoever he logged in as to troll" - that wasn't about you - it was about PainTrain.:)

CkG

MonkeyK

Golden Member
May 27, 2001

Right, so we can all find contradicting conclusions. What exactly is your point?