clinton

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Hmmmm, interesting. How do you Conservative Republican types explain all this "hatred" for the Clintons?

Probably shares common roots with your "progressive" Democrat types hatred of Limbaugh, Bush, or Cheney.

Morbius

Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Being fairly new to politics, I haven't ever seen so much comtempt for a person as I've seen for Hillary. I don't get the obessesion either.

She is really a nice person, my sister is a assistant manager at the Barns and Nobles where she did the signing during the premier of her books, and she couldn't stop telling me how amazingly open and caring person Hillary is when she met her.

I have yet to hear a woman that does not like her and they all say they would vote for her.

She didn't win New York by herself.

Strange . . . I haven't met a woman that can stand her and not ONE of them would ever vote for her.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Corn
Hmmmm, interesting. How do you Conservative Republican types explain all this "hatred" for the Clintons?

Probably shares common roots with your "Liberal" Democrat types hatred of Limbaugh, Bush, or Cheney.

Fixed it for you;) :D :Q

CkG

I thought I mentioned I wasn't a democrat before? Hmmm, oh well. Don't let that stand in your way of a "good" burn. My only point is that the right-wing hatred of the Clintons (and especially Hillary) is no different than the left-wing hatred of all things Bush. Personally, I don't hate anybody. Really. I may disagree with the opinions, policies or decisions, though I hardly would call that "hatred."

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Probably shares common roots with your "Liberal" Democrat types hatred of Limbaugh, Bush, or Cheney.

CkG

I thought I mentioned I wasn't a democrat before? Hmmm, oh well. Don't let that stand in your way of a "good" burn. My only point is that the right-wing hatred of the Clintons (and especially Hillary) is no different than the left-wing hatred of all things Bush. Personally, I don't hate anybody. Really. I may disagree with the opinions, policies or decisions, though I hardly would call that "hatred."

Yes, we all know that you are one of those people who are afraid of calling themselves either a Democrat or Liberal, but that doesn't change the fact that you talk/post like one;)

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG

Yes, we all know that you are one of those people who are afraid of calling themselves either a Democrat or Liberal, but that doesn't change the fact that you talk/post like one;)

CkG

Afraid? Well, I guess if NOT being a democrat is somehow "afraid." I don't have a problem with liberal - I don't consider it a dirty word, despite the recent push to make it so. I would describe myself as a social liberal and a fiscal moderate. I think I've been pretty consistant around here :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Afraid? Well, I guess if NOT being a democrat is somehow "afraid." I don't have a problem with liberal - I don't consider it a dirty word, despite the recent push to make it so. I would describe myself as a social liberal and a fiscal moderate. I think I've been pretty consistant around here :)

Yet you get your panties in a bunch when I switched his wording to "Liberal". Why did you feel it neccessary to come out and state that you weren't "a democrat"? Are you scared at what it represents?(I know I would be;)) Why would a self-professed Liberal who claims to be moderate on fiscal issues - not call themselves a Democrat? It doesn't mean that you can't vote for anyone but a Democrat, does it?:p

You are a rare breed DM - more people would rather call themselves a Democrat than a liberal. Interesting...

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Yet you get your panties in a bunch when I switched his wording to "Liberal". Why did you feel it neccessary to come out and state that you weren't "a democrat"? Are you scared at what it represents?(I know I would be;)) Why would a self-professed Liberal who claims to be moderate on fiscal issues - not call themselves a Democrat? It doesn't mean that you can't vote for anyone but a Democrat, does it?:p

You are a rare breed DM - more people would rather call themselves a Democrat than a liberal. Interesting...

CkG

How did I get my panties in a bunch? I really didn't Cad. I can vote for whomever I please, it's really quite liberating. :) Personally, I think the democrats have their own set of problems, same as the republicans. I don't really have any respect for either party. As for the "liberal" label, I don't necessarily have a problem with that. I know we all like to poke fun around here - and I certainly partake myself - but, seriously I don't consider liberal to be a negative. Especially in a social sense. When it comes to spending, I'm finding myself leaning more and more conservative these days... :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

CkG
Actually with both parties being solidly underr control of the extremist faction within each party calling yourself one or another could have negative conotations. I mean who would want to be associated with Hillary Clinton, Al Sharpton, John Ashcroft of Paul Wolfowitz?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
"Gulping for air, I started crying and yelling at him, 'What do you mean? What are you saying? Why did you lie to me?' I was furious and getting more so by the second. He just stood there saying over and over again, 'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was trying to protect you and Chelsea.'"

"I am sick and tired of people who call you unpatriotic if you debate this administration's policies. We are Americans. We have the right to participate and debate any administration."

It hurts my ears when I hear her voice... :)

Nov 11, 2003
What is it that she has done that makes her so insincere? It seems very strong to refer to her as being evil. I am not looking to start an argument. I am pretty neutral when it comes to her. I dont like that she was able to come into NY and take a senate seat when she is clearly not a new Yorker, but the people voted her in so its their own fault. What is it that she has done to make people hate her so much? I dont see where it all comes from.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
must not post......must not..

will not comment on He Who Shall Remain Nameless or the Senator Who Shall Remain Nameless

made promise..no posts..soooo hard to resist..must resis

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SwissArmyBilly
What is it that she has done that makes her so insincere? It seems very strong to refer to her as being evil. I am not looking to start an argument. I am pretty neutral when it comes to her. I dont like that she was able to come into NY and take a senate seat when she is clearly not a new Yorker, but the people voted her in so its their own fault. What is it that she has done to make people hate her so much? I dont see where it all comes from.

She is a woman! A woman who can play the Male game of Politics as well if not better than the Males. She is the first real potential Female Presidential candidate(if she chooses to run). Stereotypes of the Nice, Quiet, and Passive woman are alive and well, all attributes that Hillary does not have.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
seriously though, not one of you have been able to justify calling her evil...WTF?

it seems like the conservative bunch don't like hillary because she took an active role in the White House. Unlike Laura Bush who is hidden under the overpowering shadow of her (innately stupid) husband, Hillary voices her opinions and resembles a male :Q with her agressive stance on some issues. Hillary defies the role society gives to women, and this is something to be admired for, not insulted. There is nothing evil about women being equal to men, as hard as that is for some of you to believe. After 42-43 presidents, it is because of HILLARY we finally are actually considering electing a WOMAN into office. I know you conservatives don't like change - it tingles your spines' as you've grown accustomed to your overprivileged lifestyles. But this push towards feminism isn't a bad thing.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: SwissArmyBilly

She is a woman! A woman who can play the Male game of Politics as well if not better than the Males. She is the first real potential Female Presidential candidate(if she chooses to run). Stereotypes of the Nice, Quiet, and Passive woman are alive and well, all attributes that Hillary does not have.

heh. the truth comes out.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Being fairly new to politics, I haven't ever seen so much comtempt for a person as I've seen for Hillary. I don't get the obessesion either.

I think the same thing everytime I see another Bush bashing thread........

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Pers
seriously though, not one of you have been able to justify calling her evil...WTF?

it seems like the conservative bunch don't like hillary because she took an active role in the White House. Unlike Laura Bush who is hidden under the overpowering shadow of her (innately stupid) husband, Hillary voices her opinions and resembles a male :Q with her agressive stance on some issues. Hillary defies the role society gives to women, and this is something to be admired for, not insulted. There is nothing evil about women being equal to men, as hard as that is for some of you to believe. After 42-43 presidents, it is because of HILLARY we finally are actually considering electing a WOMAN into office. I know you conservatives don't like change - it tingles your spines' as you've grown accustomed to your overprivileged lifestyles. But this push towards feminism isn't a bad thing.

the issues she stands for are really quite insignificant, or the stance she chooses on the significant issues is against what any decent, or moral, or average citizen wants. and its not that i dont want this change youre babbling about, its that i dont want a woman whose priorities are not my own. i dont want this countries first woman president to be a lier [much like her husband], one whose only goal is power, one cant stand not being the center of attention. if it was a woman who was decent, honest, and above all, MORAL, stood for truth and what is right, then she would get my vote. but hillary is not, and so she wont.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

will not comment on He Who Shall Remain Nameless or the Senator Who Shall Remain Nameless

:D better watch out guys HS will start writting checks if you even mention her name...

even though I'll vote dem this time around if hillary runs I really can't see myself voting for her. That sham of a marriage she maintaned for over 20 years for basically power (while claiming to be liberated woman), the general dishonesty from both clintons makes it impossible.. Last thing we need after Bush is another with charachter issues.,

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Genesys

the issues she stands for are really quite insignificant, or the stance she chooses on the significant issues is against what any decent, or moral, or average citizen wants. and its not that i dont want this change youre babbling about, its that i dont want a woman whose priorities are not my own. i dont want this countries first woman president to be a lier [much like her husband], one whose only goal is power, one cant stand not being the center of attention. if it was a woman who was decent, honest, and above all, MORAL, stood for truth and what is right, then she would get my vote. but hillary is not, and so she wont.

A LIAR? save your holier than thou bullshit for our current president.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

:D

You know, probably one of the best investment opportunities during the early 90s was back when Hillary relentlessly ran her mouth after Bill won the presidency in 1992. A few major drug company stocks were comparatively depressed between November, 1992 and November 1994 partly due to her delusional rhetoric.

So, sensing an opportunity in the making, I loaded up on Upjohn (now Pfizer) shares through a DRIP while stationed in Germany during that period. I sent $600 a month to the account for 10 straight months in '93. Although that wasn't the best investment move I ever made, it ranks up there in the top ten.

Then came the congressional elections of '94 and she became conspicuously quiet about the subject shortly thereafter. The chickens eventually come home to roost, I suppose.

Heh, good old Hillary.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003

President Bush has nothing to do with the fact that Hillary Clinton lies...

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: daniel1113

Can you prove she lied?

has she made any attempt to make any good on any of the campaign promises that got her elected to the senate?

name one time Bush has lied. i think youre mistaking lies for the fact that you listened to the media, which is rather liberal, and bought into their bullshit and spin on stories. so dont go venting your frustration and delusions on a president who is making choices based on morality rather than his penis.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel1113

HOW CAN YOU CRITICIZE HER FOR HER LIES WHEN BUSH DOES THE SAME DAMN THING?! you people are seriously hopeless. She's a politician. Hillary didn't introduce the idea of a lying politician. Get the fvck over it. ANything else bad about her? admit it...she's a woman...she intimdates you.. grow some balls kid.

i hate fusetalk...it erased my post.

anyway - they are both politicians. Hillary didn't introduce the concept of lying politicians. admit it, you're intimidated by a woman. :Q how about you grow a pair, and admit she's a good politician, unlike the apelike creature currently running the country.