Clinton will get nominated, regardless of vote. So far she wins 2 states.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Trump is polling in a virtual dead heat with hillary taking margin of error into account. I would be more apt to say that's not a good place for hillary to be because trump has the charisma and brutal honesty to resonate more than a puppet for the dnc. People who want real change and want to upend the political system are going to vote trump over hillary. He is going to swing more indy's and undecided's than hillary, especially among those sick of obama - just about half the country disapproves of obama at 49.3%.

The irony is if and that is a big if, Trump is nominated and Hillary loses you can blame the DNC and the media for this.

Instead of allowing an honest nomination process they played games along with the media to stack the deck in favor of Clinton.

So if they lose they can blame themselves for short circuiting the process to coronate Clinton as the DNC nominee.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Trump is polling in a virtual dead heat with hillary taking margin of error into account. I would be more apt to say that's not a good place for hillary to be because trump has the charisma and brutal honesty to resonate more than a puppet for the dnc. People who want real change and want to upend the political system are going to vote trump over hillary. He is going to swing more indy's and undecided's than hillary, especially among those sick of obama - just about half the country disapproves of obama at 49.3%.

Has he popped the question yet?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump is polling in a virtual dead heat with hillary taking margin of error into account. I would be more apt to say that's not a good place for hillary to be because trump has the charisma and brutal honesty to resonate more than a puppet for the dnc.

Did you just say that Trump has HONESTY on his side?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Yes, clearly honesty is Trump's strong suit, hahaha. I sincerely invite you to just go down the list and look at lie after lie after lie from him. Apparently he is an accomplished enough liar as to convince you he is a truth teller despite being easily the person who lies the most. I guess that's an advantage of sorts!

As for the polling, general election polls at this time have almost zero predictive value.

People who want real change and want to upend the political system are going to vote trump over hillary. He is going to swing more indy's and undecided's than hillary, especially among those sick of obama - just about half the country disapproves of obama at 49.3%.

An approval rating of around 50% for the president is basically a wash in terms of electoral advantage. If anything it's probably a slight advantage.

Guurn

Dec 29, 2012
For me a Hillary vs Trump election is the worst of all worlds. Trump is clearly in it for himself. No matter what words come out of his mouth he will only focus on legislation that helps him and his businesses. Hillary is a warmonger who supports lengthy wars int he middle east. Neither of them have come down well on net neutrality, freedom of the press, gun rights, or any sort of real progressive economic policies.

I'll be voting for Bernie tomorrow.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
For me a Hillary vs Trump election is the worst of all worlds. Trump is clearly in it for himself. No matter what words come out of his mouth he will only focus on legislation that helps him and his businesses. Hillary is a warmonger who supports lengthy wars int he middle east. Neither of them have come down well on net neutrality, freedom of the press, gun rights, or any sort of real progressive economic policies.

I'll be voting for Bernie tomorrow.

You should perform some sort of casual google prior to talking shit-

http://time.com/3721452/hillary-clinton-net-neutrality/

Hillary supports a lot of progressive legislation & values like Dodd-Frank, the ACA, also civil, gay & women's rights & all sorts of family assistance programs. Prison reform. The Iran deal & the opening to Cuba.

I suppose none of this is progressive, either-

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/plan-raise-american-incomes/

Please, go ahead, vote for Bernie. Just remember that real progressives are realists, not teatard style ravers & will support Hillary should Bernie not emerge as the nominee.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Trump is polling in a virtual dead heat with hillary taking margin of error into account.
Look at the individual polls in this list:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...ral_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html#polls

There is not a single one where Trump is in the lead if you take margin of error into account. But there are quite a few where Clinton is in the lead.

You have to be extremely careful when averaging polls. But if you do it properly, the margin of error is lower than the individual polls themselves. In the average of polls, Trump has never been in the lead even once. Clinton has always been in the lead (when statistically significant) or at least more likely to be in the lead (when not statistically significant).

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
But what's going to happen with months of Rep party finally throwing their support behind Trump? So far it's been the Dem party unofficially endorsing Billary, Bernie trying to get them to come back to non-shill land and vote for a real Dem, and Trump battling out with every Rep.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Billary has been fantastic for America. 1993-2000. Amazing time. 20+M jobs created. And before idiots come in saying those were tech jobs, all of Silicon Valley lost under 100K jobs after the dot com bubble burst.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
But what's going to happen with months of Rep party finally throwing their support behind Trump?
1) What makes you think they will do so? It might happen, but there is a chance that Rubio (or similar) will run as a 3rd party.

2) What is going to happen when the Democrats stop voting in the primaries as a republican just to get Trump to run against?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Balanced the budget in a way that grew the economy.

They (Executive and Congress) did?!?! Amazing! The way I remember it was Congress held Billy in check (and vice versa) and the economy (that was going to do whatever it was going to do, regardless of Monica's Daddy) did what it was going to do anyways, thanks to what was essentially a coming of the age of technology.

A balanced budget? More like an unbalanced budget that was "balanced" by greater than expected tax receipts. Tell me, how was the Billary economy doing after he left? Star spangled awesome? (Reps crashed it excuse in 3, 2, ...)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
They (Executive and Congress) did?!?! Amazing! The way I remember it was Congress held Billy in check (and vice versa) and the economy (that was going to do whatever it was going to do, regardless of Monica's Daddy) did what it was going to do anyways, thanks to what was essentially a coming of the age of technology.

A balanced budget? More like an unbalanced budget that was "balanced" by greater than expected tax receipts. Tell me, how was the Billary economy doing after he left? Star spangled awesome? (Reps crashed it excuse in 3, 2, ...)

Go peddle that horsesh!t somewhere else. Balanced budget appeared when "Billary" came in and disappeared when they left. Republicans couldn't balance the budget if a balanced budget fell into their laps.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
1) What makes you think they will do so? It might happen, but there is a chance that Rubio (or similar) will run as a 3rd party.

They won't have a choice, who else are they going to get to run against Billary? Rubio as a 3rd party? Won't happen. Even if he tried he'd be told to go sit in a corner until next time.

2) What is going to happen when the Democrats stop voting in the primaries as a republican just to get Trump to run against?

That would really be strange behavior if they are indeed doing that, given that none of these other candidates has the BS and slickness factor Billary has. She's been practicing for 30 years, that is one thing she absolutely is an expert at. I mean, there are some people who actually Believe her when she speaks. Crazy...

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Go peddle that horsesh!t somewhere else. Balanced budget appeared when "Billary" came in and disappeared when they left. Republicans couldn't balance the budget if a balanced budget fell into their laps.

So it's as I thought. Thanks...

Guurn

Dec 29, 2012
You should perform some sort of casual google prior to talking shit-

http://time.com/3721452/hillary-clinton-net-neutrality/

Hillary supports a lot of progressive legislation & values like Dodd-Frank, the ACA, also civil, gay & women's rights & all sorts of family assistance programs. Prison reform. The Iran deal & the opening to Cuba.

I suppose none of this is progressive, either-

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/plan-raise-american-incomes/

Please, go ahead, vote for Bernie. Just remember that real progressives are realists, not teatard style ravers & will support Hillary should Bernie not emerge as the nominee.
Rofl if you think she believes any of that. Look at her actions. Look what happened with the bankruptcy reform bill when she became a senator. She is a disaster. Most informed people think she is just staying in the race long enough to give her electoral college votes to someone else when she is indicted. Yeah, Obama will likely pardon her... So what.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
But what's going to happen with months of Rep party finally throwing their support behind Trump? So far it's been the Dem party unofficially endorsing Billary, Bernie trying to get them to come back to non-shill land and vote for a real Dem, and Trump battling out with every Rep.
Never going to happen. Assuming the establishment cannot swing it to Rubio, the designated Heir Apparent, then we'll see a continual string of country club Republicans declaring that conservatives have to find "another choice". Because they are much closer to the Hildabeast than to Trump. Which is about the only reason anyone would ever vote for Trump, far as I can see. Well, that and he isn't Hillary. However, not being Hillary is not necessarily the same as being better than Hillary.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Never going to happen. Assuming the establishment cannot swing it to Rubio, the designated Heir Apparent, then we'll see a continual string of country club Republicans declaring that conservatives have to find "another choice". Because they are much closer to the Hildabeast than to Trump. Which is about the only reason anyone would ever vote for Trump, far as I can see. Well, that and he isn't Hillary. However, not being Hillary is not necessarily the same as being better than Hillary.

Believe me, nothing makes me happier than seeing someone like Trump running in the Rep primary. Reps abandoned fiscal conservatism, along with just allowing crazy religious dogma into the party, and are reaping the benefits of having to start an election cycle pandering to their base. I feel bad in a way, because 'We'll give you free shit!' is so effective, it's hard to be the adult in the room vs the Dems, but that's what the Reps are in theory supposed to be. When you fail year after year, decade after decade, at what your role is supposed to be, it eventually starts to erode your base (and the base is eroding anyways, because of 'It's free!' loss/indoctrination).

The Rep party really needed to have a burn it to the ground moment when Bush II left, they've just prolonged the inevitable and it's leading to Trump being their candidate. So be it. (that Trump has some good ideas/pays lip service to them, all the better)

If by some miracle Dems actually grow a 3rd brain cell and rub all three together at once (basically an impossibility, but, they're supposed to be creative, so there's a chance) and nominate Bernie, that would be amazing. I know lifelong Reps who have zero problem (so far) voting for Trump but if Bernie is nominated are a lock for him. The electorate is looking for someone who is genuine and not fake, which is why Trump is actually doing so well. Billary? Her own party doesn't like her (except for the party jizz slurpers), she's about as far from not fake and genuine as one could get. A very interesting election!

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
You keep on keeping on. 1993-2000, never forget.

LOL, yeah, I'm sure we won't forget the .com crash or the housing crash or GATT or NAFTA or Bill debating the meaning of is or Bill not taking out Osama or (I mean, what else, it's been so long since Slick Willy was POTUS it's hard to remember what really happened vs the stories Dems repeatedly tell each other)...

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
LOL, yeah, I'm sure we won't forget the .com crash or the housing crash or GATT or NAFTA or Bill debating the meaning of is or Bill not taking out Osama or (I mean, what else, it's been so long since Slick Willy was POTUS it's hard to remember what really happened vs the stories Dems repeatedly tell each other)...

20+ million jobs created. Vast majority retained through the .com crash.
Housing crash in 2008 all Bill Clinton's fault? Riiight. Like Bush ignoring terrorism dropping the ball on 9/11 and getting 3000 Americans killed. Clinton made him do it.

Make America Great Again, like it was under Clinton :)

Guurn

Dec 29, 2012
Watch the Repubs find a way to get Bloomberg to switch back and Hillary giving her electoral votes to Biden when she gets indicted leaving us with Bloomberg vs Biden