Clinton News Network (CNN) is now as bad as Fox

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
It's no secret that Fox leans right. CNN was always a bit more objective, but in this election they've gone full tilt into shilling for Hillary. I think they are equally biased sources now as far as the election is concerned. I truly struggle to identify decent sources of news. Media is more polarized than ever. In the car I get better reporting from BBC World Service than any of the domestic crap networks.

Here's a recent example. This from today:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/19/politics/donald-trump-racial-profiling/index.html
Trump defends racial profiling in wake of bombs

Now open the article. Watch the video. He doesn't defend racial profiling at all. He may in fact defend it elsewhere (no idea), but this article even goes so far as to say

Trump did not say on what attributes he would encourage police to profile possible suspects, but It's illegal for police to subject US persons to disparate treatment based on their race or other protected status.

This is shit journalism. Absolute shit.

Reactions: 0roo0roo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump defended profiling not racial profiling. I wouldn't be so quick to label CNN since this is the hourly M.O. of Fox. Headline should be corrected for accuracy.

BTW - Why does Trump have to act like such a baby with his "see I told you so"

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
All the major networks are bad (including Fox). They tell you what you should think about the news (or short circuit you via emotional overload) as opposed to reporting the news and letting you draw your own conclusions.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's no secret that Fox leans right. CNN was always a bit more objective, but in this election they've gone full tilt into shilling for Hillary. I think they are equally biased sources now as far as the election is concerned. I truly struggle to identify decent sources of news. Media is more polarized than ever. In the car I get better reporting from BBC World Service than any of the domestic crap networks.

Now open the article. Watch the video. He doesn't defend racial profiling at all. He may in fact defend it elsewhere (no idea), but this article even goes so far as to say

Actually when it comes to the Clintons CNN has never been objective. The Clinton News Network title was earned a long time ago when Bill was running for office and they shilled for him during his entire presidency. There was a bit of a lull in the shilling until Hillary got in the race but I would still hardly call them objective. There really is no such thing as an objective news network anymore. Foxnews Is the right, CNN is the left, MSNBC last I looked was off the edge of the world left. Most of the rest seem to fall somewhere in the CNN left area to just left of center. Expecting objectivity in news is kind of a fantasy.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

"They see somebody that's suspicious, they will profile," Trump said. "Look what's going on: Do we really have a choice? We're trying to be so politically correct in our country, and this is only going to get worse."

Gee I wonder what kind of profiling he's talking about.

As to the quality of news, I totally agree people who can't figure out something rather simple need accurate news, preferably written in easily digestible words.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
Yes Yes, if you are extremely bias righty than CNN is obviously bias lefty.

Got it!

In fact, there is a reason why Republicans only watch Fox News and labels everything else "liberal media". Sounds like these guys prefer state controlled media (no wonder they want to vote for "Putin's friend") instead of the free press. Isn't it ironic?

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Yeah. You live in America. All your news is shit. This is not new.

I find it irritating as hell that the U.K. sourced media outlets have more in depth reporting on US stories, IMHO, the US media is horrible

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Clinton News Network is *now* as bad as fox? Apparently you haven't been watching cnn for a long time --- they've been as bad as or worse than fox for at least a decade, probably more. CNN has been at least as bad as fox, if not worse, for a very long time.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
CNN has been terrible ever since Jeff Zucker took the helm
I don't know when that was, but yes, it's been bad for years now.
Clinton News Network is *now* as bad as fox? Apparently you haven't been watching cnn for a long time --- they've been as bad as or worse than fox for at least a decade, probably more. CNN has been at least as bad as fox, if not worse, for a very long time.
LOL
I imagine your beef with Fox is they're too liberal?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Worse then Fox. Showing fake footage of protests? Host calling Obama a defacto terrorist? Neither CNN or MSNBC sunk that low

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
To me, CNN is an example of promoting multiculturalism et al, to the detriment of the quality of the product which should be news. I mean every race, gender, sexual orientation and even fat people are represented. I'm fat, and I don't want to see fat talking heads if I don't have to. It's like they have a list.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I find CNN hilarious due to their headline font size changes. Yesterday they had a headline titled "Captured" and it started off in a normal size. Within an hour it was 72 font or larger.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I imagine your beef with Fox is they're too liberal?

No, my beef with them (and the reason I haven't watched more than a minute or two in years) is that they are not a real news organization. They mostly spew partisan drivel, much like cnn, msnbc, abc, nbc, cbs etc. I personally prefer an organization that actually focuses on news instead of the politics or narrative behind the news. That's increasingly difficult to find.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
No, my beef with them (and the reason I haven't watched more than a minute or two in years) is that they are not a real news organization. They mostly spew partisan drivel, much like cnn, msnbc, abc, nbc, cbs etc. I personally prefer an organization that actually focuses on news instead of the politics or narrative behind the news. That's increasingly difficult to find.
On that we can certainly agree.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
To me, CNN is an example of promoting multiculturalism et al, to the detriment of the quality of the product which should be news. I mean every race, gender, sexual orientation and even fat people are represented. I'm fat, and I don't want to see fat talking heads if I don't have to. It's like they have a list.
and Fox does hot chicks, except Greta. They all do what they think people want to see.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Worse, and they've been that for a while. Despite their slogan, fox hasn't pretended to be non partisan for a long time, cnn, is just an unprofessional irresponsible joke...

Same trick pulled in the UK, worse being that the BBC is publicly funded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8rPsbGMSSM

It's funny how they've just become the party of Anita Sarkeesian
oWpwGtu.jpg

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes
http://nypost.com/2016/08/21/american-journalism-is-collapsing-before-our-eyes/

How Global Elites Forsake Their Countrymen
Those in power see people at the bottom as aliens whose bizarre emotions they must try to manage.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-global-elites-forsake-their-countrymen-1470959258

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

Since the advent of google, this has ceased to matter for me. Google is my news presenter. This is kind of scary in some ways. I trust them to provide the reality of my world.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Since the advent of google, this has ceased to matter for me. Google is my news presenter. This is kind of scary in some ways. I trust them to provide the reality of my world.
Google "American inventors" right now and tell me if you think you're receiving biased information from Google.