Clinton: I’m not sure Trump knows Puerto Ricans are US citizens

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Everybody knows that Puerto Rico isn't part of the grand MAGA plan in the first place... too brown...

Reactions: Chocu1a

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump is supposed to visit PR on Tuesday. Not sure that's a capital idea.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That "memo" that he received about the illegal 3 or 6 million votes or whatever it was, told him that they all came from Puerto Rico. So Trump doesn't want to help them.

Reactions: Thebobo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump seem to be willfully ignorant when it comes to brown people. Remember when he thought Frederick Douglass was still alive?

Reactions: Thebobo
Jan 25, 2011
Relief efforts in PR is a logistical nightmare right now. They have something like 700 people on the ground to coordinate but the airports and the ports are not serviceable. There's no way to get large scale relief supplies to the island.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Even if he did, there are no electoral votes there and they're brown to boot. Point is, either way he doesn't give a shit.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Orange Trulius spent like 2 minutes of his press conference explaining that "Puerto Rico is an ISLAND!" and "surrounded by oceans!...BIG OCEANS!!" and "you can't drive FEMA trucks there!"...and then patted himself on the back for doing "an A+ job in Texas and Florida and now Puerto Rico too!"

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Orange Trulius spent like 2 minutes of his press conference explaining that "Puerto Rico is an ISLAND!" and "surrounded by oceans!...BIG OCEANS!!" and "you can't drive FEMA trucks there!"...and then patted himself on the back for doing "an A+ job in Texas and Florida and now Puerto Rico too!"

Lol I am no longer shocked - well yes I am. FFS what an imbecile.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So I heard he hasn't gone to Puerto Rico sooner because of how his trip would interfere with initial and ongoing rescue/recovery operations. A good reason with good intent.

However, like other incidents that coincidentally revealed his true colors, that he didn't respond to Puerto Rico's plight in a timely manner, that he didn't speak up for them during the hours prior to Puerto Rico being hit nor lend assurances and words of comfort that he would do his utmost to take care of their needs in a critical time of need even as it became quite evident that a catastrophe was imminent, is quite telling on his part how little care and compassion he had/has for the Puerto Ricans.

I also hold his staff responsible for not anticipating how Trump's image would be damaged from his ignoring his duty to represent the interests of ALL Americans, especially when a widespread life threatening occurrence presents itself the way that Hurricane Maria did to Puerto Rico.

There must have been a lot more pressing and critical issues that he had to contend with at the time. /s

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
For it to turn into another Katrina there needs to be move coverage of what is happening. In all honesty it seems most Americans don't remember there are 3 million citizens living in Puerto Rico either.
There's a better analogy somewhere...Let's see...

- Dead Americans
- Unprepared because of poor infrastructure
- Spent the first 5 days after the incident blathering on about disrespectful video (NFL kneeling) rather than getting the facts straight
- Blaming people on the ground for not being prepared while praising your staff for doing "everything they can"
- Opposition already politicizing the issue less than a week out...

Someone help me here...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

- Dead Americans
- Spent the first 5 days after the incident blathering on about disrespectful video (NFL kneeling) rather than getting the facts straight
- Blaming people on the ground for not being prepared while praising your staff for doing "everything they can"

Someone help me here...

How dare you question the supreme leader, who descended from Heaven to help out the mortals?
Go stand over by the bullseye, the artillery shell will come shortly.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Relief efforts in PR is a logistical nightmare right now. They have something like 700 people on the ground to coordinate but the airports and the ports are not serviceable. There's no way to get large scale relief supplies to the island.

SJU is operational but crippled.

Why didn't the Abraham Lincoln get sent to PR since it could facilitate tons of helicopter missions independent of anything on the island?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

- Dead Americans

Someone help me here...

Left out its too early to talk about climate change

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

Shutup it's just racism dammit.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What a fool!