Clint Eastwood Superbowl ad

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/clint-eastwood-featured-in-chrysler-ad-15522137

I thought this ad was both profound but flawed. The only problem I have with what Clint said is when he said "We" came together. I don't think he was referring to the Republicans in Congress.

What's your take?

Looks like Karl Rove LOVED it. :D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-chrysler-ad/2012/02/06/gIQAYt3HuQ_blog.html

GM poised to post record profits this year!

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...markable-turnaround-gm-may-post-record-profit

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Clint Eastwood is a famous libertarian leaning conservative. Not sure what you're trying to suggest.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
i'm sorry but I got a totally different message from that advertisement. I am sick of these political idiots who complain about everything and everything is us vs them. They can go fuck themselves, that is the problem with what is going on in Washington.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Clint Eastwood is a famous libertarian leaning conservative. Not sure what you're trying to suggest.

Right now the GOP is far to the right of Clint Eastwood. Remember, conservatives still despise the fact that we bailed out GM and Chrysler. If it were up to them, there would be no US auto industry.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The only way I can see someone not liking that commercial is if they work for a different car maker or they hate the US. Nothing wrong with it.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
i'm sorry but I got a totally different message from that advertisement. I am sick of these political idiots who complain about everything and everything is us vs them. They can go fuck themselves, that is the problem with what is going on in Washington.

Yeah I thought it was a great ad and having a Libertarian seemed like it made it fairly bipartisan and just optimistic, unfortunately the professional assholes get paid to be offended.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
The only way I can see someone not liking that commercial is if they work for a different car maker or they hate the US. Nothing wrong with it.

It doesn't look like Rove or Malkin work for any car makers currently so...

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
OK, a marketing campaign by a company owned largely by Italian Fiat. It's a good angle nonetheless.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
If I posted something meaningless then why respond?

If no one responded to your meaningless posts, you would never be part of any conversation.

Come on, you know you set yourself up for it. :)

I already told you why I responded, re-read my post that you just quoted. It is the second sentence.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If no one responded to your meaningless posts, you would never be part of any conversation.

Come on, you know you set yourself up for it. :)

I already told you why I responded, re-read my post that you just quoted. It is the second sentence.

Set myself up for what? Reading a smartass comment from you? Then you maybe correct other then that I would say no....

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Chrysler - a formally American car company that was given away to the Italians, and the UAW.

barf

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Republicans get more and more despicable every year. It used to be they'd jump at the chance to appear patriotic, but now they have no problem openly bashing the American auto industry... I guess because they hate the American worker so much. No longer do they wrap themselves in the American flag to hide their true beliefs. They've come a long long way.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Right now the GOP is far to the right of Clint Eastwood. Remember, conservatives still despise the fact that we bailed out GM and Chrysler. If it were up to them, there would be no US auto industry.

If it were up to us there would be a balanced budget. The US government would not be picking winners and losers on the backs of the US tax payers. US auto makers would live or die on their own merits lending to free market principles where Ford would have reigned supreme.

The ashes of the failed companies would give rise to new opportunity.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
If it were up to us there would be a balanced budget. The US government would not be picking winners and losers on the backs of the US tax payers. US auto makers would live or die on their own merits lending to free market principles where Ford would have reigned supreme.

The ashes of the failed companies would give rise to new opportunity.

What universe is this that you live in where making a loan is "picking winners and losers"? And which loser did the government pick?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What universe is this that you live in where making a loan is "picking winners and losers"? And which loser did the government pick?

The failed companies that required a bailout to survive.

Of course it's picking winners and losers. That money was not equally distributed to everyone in the industry. It is selectively given out to a chosen few, particularly political favorites. It's part of crony capitalism where your buddies get paid back.