Climate Czar tells Auto execs, "to put nothing in writing, ever"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I have heard that companies concerned about litigation would do well to converse more on phone, since it's less likely to be recorded and thus used against you should a lawsuit come up and you're forced during discovery to come up with your records.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: misle
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: dali71
Originally posted by: senseamp
This does keep getting better and better. Tinfoil hats all around.

You're still here? I assumed that you would be sending a nasty e-mail to the Examiner raising hell about them allowing someone to state their opinion in an opinion piece. :laugh:

So now it's an opinion piece. Before it was fact this fact that.

FYI: Facts are allowed in opinion pieces.

How did this suddenly come to be a fact? It's a third party source quoted in an editorial from a highly biased author working for a highly biased newspaper.

Maybe she did say it, but I'm searching for a reputable source on this and coming up blank.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
hilarious how all these new conspiracy theorists have arrived at p&n ..some of the very same people who love to wield the words "tin foil hat"

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dali71
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: Genx87
What could she possibly need to hide in CAFE standards?

Blackmail and threats are illegal. Best to keep those over the phone and not in writing.

What about that whatshername who said, 'this conversation doesn't exist', while being recorded? Doh! :p

I assume you're referring to Rep. Jane Harman, the Democrat from California.

Yep, that would be her. Too funny. Thanks for the link! ;)