Climate Change: Siberian wildfires are a HUGE deal and not much from the media.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I always thought that Siberia was covered in snow. I guess not anymore...
That's nothin.

Scientists Blindsided by Rain at the Summit of Greenland’s Ice Cap – Mother Jones

Rain has fallen on the summit of Greenland’s huge ice cap for the first time on record. Temperatures are normally well below freezing on the 10,551 ft peak, and the precipitation is a stark sign of the climate crisis.

Scientists at the US National Science Foundation’s summit station saw rain falling throughout 14 August but had no gauges to measure the fall because the precipitation was so unexpected. Across Greenland, an estimated seven billion tons of water was released from the clouds.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Putty says these fires are the responsibility of local authorities and they should be doing more to get them under control. LOL

Surprised he hasn't blamed "bad forest management" and "not enough sweeping the forest floor" yet.

Reactions: hal2kilo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Russian Siberia is burning down again.

And Brazil just set a new deforestation record.

"The loss amounts to an area equivalent to about 140,000 football fields, and it is by far the biggest for April since record-keeping began in 2015."

Choo choo motherfucker.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Came across this video today. I had no idea what Siberia is going thru. Truly shocking and sad. I'm suprised that we haven't heard anything from the media since this would fall under climate change.

Truth makes Russia look bad. Just like any totalitarian regime. So no reporting.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Russian Siberia is burning down again.

And Brazil just set a new deforestation record.

"The loss amounts to an area equivalent to about 140,000 football fields, and it is by far the biggest for April since record-keeping began in 2015."

Relax and enjoy it, just like rape.

Earth's temperature could reach key global warming mark by 2026 (usatoday.com)

Reactions: dank69

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
To be fair, what I believe Mai72 is referring to is the non-repeating coverage of the wildfires in Siberia.

Unless one has cable, most newscasts are a half hour long.

There's simply not enough time in those to cram in your local crimes, commercials, the obligatory celebrity nonsense, feel good stories of cute animal kind, children or cleavage and denunciations of whatever politician got videotaped attending an award show, a sporting event or a public gathering where some fool had dirty feet.

So, Mai72, this old dude thanks you.

I knew about half the U.S. was on fire, running low on water and was consumed with the middle aged blonde prison guard who probably only orgasmed four times.

But whadda I know? A half hour is all I get. Then my neighbors pull down their shades.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69