Click to expand problems

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Whenever I "click to expand" a picture in a quoted area as soon as picture opens the entire page immediately scrolls back to the top and I lose the image.

Using Firefox. Noticed this within the last few weeks.

Reactions: killster1

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Whenever I "click to expand" a picture in a quoted area as soon as picture opens the entire page immediately scrolls back to the top and I lose the image.

Using Firefox. Noticed this within the last few weeks.
THIS

I have been having this problem with mobile Safari on my iPhone. I cannot expand quotes and link previews.

When I try to, the "click to expand" message disappears momentarily, but the container doesn't actually expand to show the rest of the content. Then, less than one second after I tapped to expand, the page jumps up to the very top (not sure if the page actually reloads). Finding where I was is often difficult. When I scroll back down and find where I was reading before it jumped to the top, the "click to expand" message is back and I still can't read the info. It's an endless loop of I keep trying to expand it.

Extremely maddening.

At first I assumed it might be related to using a content blocker (AdBlock), but it still happens with AdBlock disabled.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Still happening. Now when I try to insert a media object page scrolls up to the top and I lose everything on reply screen

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
No answer for this??? Still happens most of the time. At least an acknowledgment until a fix is in order

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Sometimes I find that tapping the next-page button at the bottom of a thread just jumps me up to the top of the current page.

The also-irritating responsive design BS hides page numbers at the top of the thread on my mobile devices (or any time the page is sized a certain way), so it's not always clear when it jumped to the top of the current page instead of loading the next page. When I'm looking for something specific (like searching in page for a specific name or word), I end up searching the same page over and over until I realize I'm stuck in an endless loop.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Please fix this... still a major problem.
Happens in Chrome, happens in IE. Not a browser bug.

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016
Probably some kind of tracking script that causes it. Using uBlock Origin until it's fixed...

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016
Happens with Fire Fox Focus too.
Doesn't mean that it block them all. I could easily make my custom tracking script that records pretty much every action. In any case, Ublock Origin with default blocking lists block enough to fix this problem.

I could easily make various tracking scripts for my website and Firefox would have no idea that I'm recording every action on the page.

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016
I can't get that on my iPhone.
And that's why they should fix this. Likely one of their scripts that records link clicks is acting up and causes this (causes preventDefault event to not work and triggers page refresh; or does something that causes page refresh).

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
And that's why they should fix this. Likely one of their scripts that records link clicks is acting up and causes this (causes preventDefault event to not work and triggers page refresh; or does something that causes page refresh).
Also these scripts make it nearly impossible for me to type a post. It's always trying to delete spaces or lines that I add in my editing, moving my insertion point as it does so -- often to some strange invisible place where anything I type does not appear. Often it moves my insertion point to the beginning of the field.

It's a tedious frustrating exercise when I try to put 3 line breaks between two paragraphs so I can paste a URL on the middle line (leaving one empty line above and one below to keep the URL separate from the two paragraphs). This should be really simple.

This bloated scripting nonsense is absolutely infuriating.

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016
Also these scripts make it nearly impossible for me to type a post. It's always trying to delete spaces or lines that I add in my editing, moving my insertion point as it does so -- often to some strange invisible place where anything I type does not appear. Often it moves my insertion point to the beginning of the field.

It's a tedious frustrating exercise when I try to put 3 line breaks between two paragraphs so I can paste a URL on the middle line (leaving one empty line above and one below to keep the URL separate from the two paragraphs). This should be really simple.

This bloated scripting nonsense is absolutely infuriating.
They have way too much crap going on. They should optimise their things. There are way too much tracking, ad and analytics scripts going on. They are slowing down this forum too and causing issues.

When the result is like this, you know you went over board with tracking & analytics...

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Still getting this on Chrome mobile. It's infuriating. Anybody going to fix this?