Click here to see if your Senator supports PIPA

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Oh look, Democrats for censorship.

again - PMRC
and again - Communications Decency Act
and again - DMCA
and again....

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Boxer and Feinstein do, they're terrible anyways. To bad morons in this State see a D and flock to them.

Don't expect senators from CA to oppose this. We have something called "Hollywood" here. This is the problem with money in politics. I honestly don't know why there are people who downplay this problem.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
No surprise for me, my 2 BIG GOVERNMENT Democrat Senators support it.

psst...Psssst come over here....A history lesson for you. Reagan and GWB "grew" the Gubermint more then any other President in the last 40 years.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
To be honest, I expected to see it the other way around.

Why? Hollywood money is what influences Democratic politicians... and the MPAA/RIAA pulls their strings as much as anyone else does, with the possible exception of teacher unions.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Don't expect senators from CA to oppose this. We have something called "Hollywood" here. This is the problem with money in politics. I honestly don't know why there are people who downplay this problem.

Money will never get out of politics. Money IS politics. Even if you eliminate lobbying completely, it's still in the interest of represenatives to push for laws which help their region even at the expense of others. If no Hollywood money ever made their way into campaign funds, it's still a plus for the local CA economy to push for laws which increase the power of companies based there.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I find it quite disturbing that Reid is persistent in putting this P.O.S. legislation up for vote Tues.

I'm just curious how much it cost.

Sen. Ron Wyden

I genuinely like Wyden, as a person and as a Senator. I did check to see what his position was, but I was pretty sure I knew the answer already.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
A lot of the software pirates operate in California and are often from places like taiwan and china or other Eastern cultures.