CLI as a service question.

crt1530

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2001
OK, I installed Sukhoi's modified Office Boy service install pack. My question is whether or not this setup will automatically cache new WU's. Need a pretty quick answer. Thanks.

serialb

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
AFAIK, the don't do WU caching, it's basically just a CLI client running in the background.

Correct me if I am wrong.

serialb

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
I'll be right back with some experts. ;)

IsOs

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
For Windows 2000, I prefer SETI Driver running as service.

For Windows 9x/ME, you can also use SETI HIDE.

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Isos, Doesn't Hack know all about this stuff? He was online just a few minutes ago. I think Shuxs also knows how to do this "service" stuff.

/I'll be back. ;)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I actually reconfigured SONI's WinNT/2K service. Niether will cache though. You can setup in the *.REG file so its sends the Wu's through orangekids or your own SETIQ or caching proggie:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\seti\parameters]
"Application"="c:\\program files\\stcli\\seti.exe"
"AppDirectory"="c:\\program files\\seti"
"AppParameters"="-proxy orangekid.teamanadtech.com:5001"

I renamed everything so that SETI will not show up in a seach on SETI*.... :D

SHUX

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've had good luck with dasshrubber (link coming) for CLI as a service on Win98.

No cache though. To get around that, I set up SetiQ and put some faith into my network and the ability to keep it up ;)

<edit>The link to dasshrubber is in the fourth post of this thread</edit>

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
No caching. :( If I ever get some time here I think I'm pretty close to having a NT/2K SETI Driver service. I believe IsOs already has one too.

micron

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I had the same problem the other day (How to cache WUs with the CLI service.), All I did was install Seti Queue as a service, now I have cached WUs and mor stats! :)

crt1530

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2001
Well, my deal is that I just built a 1.4 Thunderbird for my friend and the cost of labor was having my SETI@Home client on his computer. I wanted to have it running as a service so I could know that it wouldn't ever get shut off or deleted by accident. Whatever service I install needs to be able to do everything(cache, transmit, crunch).

So I guess I now need to know two things: 1)How to uninstall Office Boy's Service pack, and 2)Where to get a good SETIDriver as a service pack? Thanks for any help.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
PM IsOs about the SETI Driver service.

To uninstall mine, first go into the control panel services part and turn off the service. It's either named keyboard or seti, can't remember. Then delete the registry folder. You can open the .reg file in notpad to find out what registry folder it makes. Reboot the computer, and delete the SETI folder.