ClassicShell, other developers working on it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
CS is why I abandoned W7 and moved to 8.1 pro. Without it I would never have even considered using MS's tablet OS on a pc. I use CS on my tablet because I prefer to navigate through coherent menus instead of their jumbled mess.

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
Hell, I use Classic Shell and Classic Start Menu with Windows 7.

Yeah, honestly I just want my menu to be as simple as possible because all it does for me is act as a search box and show a few very often accessed settings/program icons.

That's why I really like classicshell's modernized Win9x theme. It just gets out of my way like none of the other options do.

Reactions: whm1974

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
I bookmarked that info and will download and save the current version. So if I ever let my laptop upgrade to the new featured version of Windows 10 I will have a way to keep the better start menu. Glad someone is willing and has the skills to keep this working.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
The current version of Classic Shell works fine with 8.0 or 8.1 ... The work the new developer is doing, is to try and keep it working with every disasterous change Microsoft makes to Windows 10

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Oh god I hope not. Probably just the people that complained about 8 being a horrible OS.
Actually the only real issue I really had with it was the Metro UI Microsoft tried to force on everyone. Well that and the the online sign in deal as well.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Actually the only real issue I really had with it was the Metro UI Microsoft tried to force on everyone. Well that and the the online sign in deal as well.
That UI sucked for me since I have trouble remembering the names of software. I like looking at a list of my software. I also disliked the MS account sign in and the store. I wish the store was optional. I have no use for apps on my PC.