Clark to Accept Public Financing

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Democratic hopeful Wesley Clark, who flirted with the idea of skipping public financing of his campaign despite a late fund-raising start, announced Thursday he will stay within the system.

"We're raising money at a significant clip, which was why we waited so long to make the decision," Clark spokeswoman Kym Spell said.
Spell said Clark decided not to let Bush's prolific fund raising affect his own campaign strategy. The retired general will have the resources he needs to run, she said.

CkG

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Considering Clark is skipping states and has a minimal presence in others, I doubt he had Deanesque prospects for raising money. Clark better turn on the charm offensive soon or even the VP slot will slip away.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
After considerable research regarding what I think the Democratic contenders might do in varying circumstances I've been forced to reject all but Dean. As a fiscal conservative Dean is the only one that I could vote for. I sure do wish Dean had Clarks military background but, alas..
Dean is not taking public funds which is a strategic move. Clark is but, his is a financial one. Anyway, Clark could make a reasonable ticket with Dean... that might help.