Clark Says Dean Sought Him as Running Mate

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Retired Gen. Wesley Clark said Howard Dean offered him the vice presidential slot on his ticket before Clark decided to make his own run for the Democratic presidential nomination, according to an interview released on Sunday.

<snip>
The issue, Clark said, was "whether I'm going to be the commander in chief or not." Clark said he felt he could make the "best contribution" to the country as president "because I believe I'm the best qualified person to protect the United States..."
Clark, an Arkansas native, said he was "absolutely not" interested in being Dean's running mate, adding "I don't see that in the cards."
</snip>

Certainly tosses a wrench into the VP scenario some people were talking about/hoping for.

CkG

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I doubt GHW Bush . . . you know the most qualified candidate for the GOP in 1980 . . . expected to be Reagan's VP, either. Elections are won by a combination of ideas and money. Clark has been slow to develop his ideas and even slower to develop the financial backing to counter the Bush Leaguers war chest.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Clark Says Dean 'Dangled' VP Slot, Dean Camp Disputes

Well, I wonder who is telling us the truth? Trippi says dean never said anything like that to Clark.
Hmmm...

CkG

I wonder who gives a sh!t about what was said several months ago at a private meeting?

Obviously the press did. Clark must have thought it was, since he commented on it.

Should be interesting to see this play out, since it is now an issue.:)

CkG

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
Clark Says Dean 'Dangled' VP Slot, Dean Camp Disputes

Well, I wonder who is telling us the truth? Trippi says dean never said anything like that to Clark.
Hmmm...

CkG

I wonder who gives a sh!t about what was said several months ago at a private meeting?

Obviously the press did. Clark must have thought it was, since he commented on it.

Should be interesting to see this play out, since it is now an issue.:)

CkG

Hah. Okay Cad, have fun with it. :)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Thanks for your loyalty to the party in our common cause to oust GWB, Mr Clark. You twit.

Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Thanks for your loyalty to the party in our common cause to oust GWB, Mr Clark. You twit.

the democrates have always been divided, what made you think it was going to change now?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Howie denies offering Clark the VP spot.

I wonder who's lying.

CkG

I swear I heard Dean say on NPR (listen to the propaganda on my commute home) that he welcomed Clark as his running-mate, but I could be wrong (this time)...I would believe Clark over Dean, so Dean's the liar :)

NPR isn't ALL bad;) I listen to it at work in the morning and then at home at night when Dr.Laura is on(I can't stand Dr.Laura:p) But yeah, radio is always on around me. You just have to learn to identify and filter the BS being pumped to the masses.

Yeah, I think there have been some public statements about "welcoming" but I don't think Clark would consider that an "offer". He seems to be talking about a quite specific type offer.

CkG

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001

But yeah, radio is always on around me. You just have to learn to identify and filter the BS being pumped to the masses.

Yeah I use mine it is called the FlushRush filter ;)

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
You just have to learn to identify and filter the BS being pumped to the masses.

How true. One needs some mighty good BS filters now a days to filter out the BS coming from all directions, regardless of who the person is or polictical party they belong to.

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Crazee
But yeah, radio is always on around me. You just have to learn to identify and filter the BS being pumped to the masses.

Yeah I use mine it is called the FlushRush filter ;)

Do you even listen to his show?

CkG

Yes actually I do. Even though his facts are skewed I still listen when I have a chance.