Civ 6 Multiplayer

Feb 4, 2009
Can someone explain AI difficulty in multiplayer? Lets say you have 3 humans and 8 AI players. How does one make the AI play better/harder?
I have loaded the AI mod and it does make them smarter but they are still very passive. Do you set their difficulty higher than yours or lower than yours to make the AI better even if it involves some cheats.
I love Civ 6 but I also think its AI is irritatingly passive.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
You don't really make them smarter by raising the difficulty. They get bonuses as the levels go up to items like science, culture, faith, combat, some free techs and units.

Are you playing with any expansions?

It's passiveness depends on the situation. Try building no military units and see how long before they send units to your capital :D

Feb 4, 2009
With Rise & Fall.
Civ difficulty settings are so weird. If one player is on settler and another on king and the AI on deity what does that do?
So needlessly difficult to understand

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
It’s too complicated to explain, but there’s some wikis that show the modifiers.

It’s a complicated game under the hood. It doesn’t have a learning AI so its basically run by if then programming. I’ve seen spudy the youtuber try to test what’s better a granary or temple and he’s like your mileage may vary. How can it not? Every game is different, every tile has different output, that output can be modified by improvements, policies, etc.