City Slicker in Georgia

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Dear ATOT,

I'm here visiting family in Georgia on my 32kbps connection (which only acctually connects at 21kbps) downloading winRAR (which will take another 25 minutes accorind to windows) and figured i'd say hi to you guys while I was here.

Today were hearding cows and I stepped in my fair share of cow pies. Even managed to get one of the cows to step on one of feet. Fortunately, nothing was broken. :) Then I went ATV-ing and offroading in my brothers Blazer 4x4. That was cool.

I'm gonna have one more day down here before i have to drive abck to florida and back to work. We'll proabbly end up taking my grandma's 22 guage rifle out for some target practice and a little more mudding. Any suggestions on what else I might could try to "hick" it up while i'm out here?

Love,
Placer

Update: Got home and I posted a few pictures...enjoy.

This is us 4-wheeling in our "backyard" :)

This is us going 100 down I-95 on the way

My aunt's backyard (panoramic 1.2Mb file)

We went out to give a few cows some shots and here were two of the heffers

Cool truck we saw on the way

...and the backend

Cat and her litter living under the house

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Any suggestions on what else I might could try to "hick" it up while i'm out here?
Drink some Busch Light, smoke a pack of Winston's, and watch replays of Nascar.;)

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Don't forget to shoot the cans of Busch Light off fence posts with the rifle.

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001

Johnnie

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
May 28, 2000
you are too far south in GA to have any fun :)
head for the mountains....:)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Johnnie
you are too far south in GA to have any fun :)
head for the mountains....:)
Seriously. South GA is pretty boring (and hot as hell to boot). Everything north of Atlanta once you get into the mountains is beautiful.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Yea...there were a few cowpies sporting some fungii, needlesstosay, i'm not touching anything growing out of crap. Those cow pictures have hordes of mostly ticks. It's really bad and we were actually out spraying these herbs on the cows that help repel all the flies.

And hoenstly, I don't go to Georgia often enough to get bored with the nothingness that is south georgia. We hike, and hunt, and go mudding in some areas and it keeps us occupied for the week that we usually stay. IAnd if we had relatives that live in North Georgia, I would definately make the drive if just to see more. But it's really pretty out there. I enjoy it.

Also, I met my Cousin's Husband's Neice who is a hottie and she shows us around as well. It was a decent trip. Hopefully i'll get to visit more. :)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Placer: check out north GA in the fall when the leaves are turning if you can. It's pretty amazing.

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Originally posted by: bunker
i'm not touching anything growing out of crap
Do you eat any kind of mushrooms? Majority of them are grown in pure crap.

Touching and eating are two very different things. Eating usually insinuates being cooked first. :D

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Placer14

Also, I met my Cousin's Husband's Neice who is a hottie and she shows us around as well. It was a decent trip. Hopefully i'll get to visit more. :)

uhh....Pics?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
They don't do anything to try and remove those ticks, that many cant be good for the cows.

KK

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
I'm already home in Florida :( No more Georgia for me until possibly Thanksgiving. :D And sadly I didn't have my camera with me when i was visiting the niece. maybe in November. :)

I don't think I can visit Georgia this fall...and I doubt the leaves will still be turning in november... But there is always next year.

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Originally posted by: Placer14
Heh, just got back home...decent trip but overall too short. We were near Hazelhurst (small podunk town nearby Alma)
Alma looks like it's fairly close to where my aunt lives. She lives in Cobbtown (probably as small if not smaller than Hazelhurst.)

It is kind of dull/slow there, but that's part of the charm. Granted, I don't think I could live with that charm 365 days a year, but it's nice to relax to for the short duration when I go out there to visit my aunt. The bugs there are REALLY bad though.