City Game with Good Graphics

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
A few years ago, I saw in a magazine a preview screenshot of a game. It showed what looked like a NYC street scene, with very realistic graphics (people, cars, buildings, etc). It looked better than GTA4.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about, and what became of that game?

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
It was modern. I'm not certain it was NYC, but it was definitely urban, with very realistic looking cars.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hmm ... no idea as far as the answer goes, but might be interested to hear the result....

(sic)Klown12

Nov 27, 2010
What about the next Saint's Row? I believe it was in development before 2 was even released?

superccs

Dec 29, 2004
No, I know what he is talking about... I played the demo for like 2 days. You play as a punk or a law enforcement character and do GTA type things but in a multilayer type world. The title of the game was really lame, All Points Bulletin (APB). I very quickly lost interest.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
APB looked very promising... till I found out it was a dumbass MMO.

Would love to see that gfx engine in a single player game.

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
No, I know what he is talking about... I played the demo for like 2 days. You play as a punk or a law enforcement character and do GTA type things but in a multilayer type world. The title of the game was really lame, All Points Bulletin (APB). I very quickly lost interest.

It might be, it totally sounds like it. But for whatever reason APB looks way more "cartoony" than the screen I remembered.

I just can't find that screen anywhere. I don't remember which magazine it was, some game mag.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Oh man oh man oh man.... I think I might know what you're talking about. It's a vaporware game that was announced, but never released. It was an open-world city game similar to GTA4 and had graphics that rivaled or surpassed GTA4.

Ugh. I wish I could find the Joystiq article now. It must've been 2-3 years ago.

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
Oh man oh man oh man.... I think I might know what you're talking about. It's a vaporware game that was announced, but never released. It was an open-world city game similar to GTA4 and had graphics that rivaled or surpassed GTA4.

Ugh. I wish I could find the Joystiq article now. It must've been 2-3 years ago.

You might be onto something.

As far as I remember, it was daytime in the city. There might have been a taxi and some red car that looked like a Lexus.

All I know was I was pretty excited when I saw the screen shot.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
I remember this too, it was way back when, forgot where i saw it thought. Damn, now you got me thinking.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008

Ah DUDE! This is exactly the game I was thinking about. I know because of this screenshot:

278822_full.jpg

OP, is this it?