Circuit City employees are so fvcking braindead

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
OK, so here's the deal...about two weeks ago I bought a 25 pack of Memorex DVD+R media for $59.99 (pricematched it later, plus there was a rebate). Anyway, I decided that I just don't want to waste too much money on media, so I figured i'd return it. I go in there today, to the CC on RT18 in NJ, and as soon as I give her my receipt and the media, she says it's not the same item I purchased and THREW it at me. This isn't the first time this stupid employee has tried to screw me over (i'll explain that after this story). I said "this is bull$hit," and she turns around and sternly says "i can say cuss words too." I just told her "i don't give a fvck, i want to speak to a manager." The manager comes and she tells him its not the same item, like a puppet he repeats that to me. Then I ask him what the receipt says i supposedly bought --- he goes inside, and comes out with a 5 pack of DVD+R that costs $19.99 there. I tell him "ok, so it says i bought a 5 pack of media for $59.99, but i'm trying to return a 25 pack of media, so that means I can just go out, buy a 5 pack for $10-$20, and return it with this receipt?" He says no, and upon asking why, he stumbles all over himself. I wasn't getting anywhere with these fvcktards, so I just left...

Obviously this is a computer glitch, but the fact that these STUPID RETAIL EMPLOYEES were such assh0les and forgot about their loser motto "the customer is always correct ;)," I really want to try to get these guys in trouble...is it at any way possible? ;) (or should i just go buy a 5pk of DVD+R and return it at another CC?)

___________________________________________________________________________________

The "other story" i promised was when I tried to return an unopened box with a firewire card in it...this employee opened it, and said she couldn't return it because the box said it came with three free pieces of software and she only saw one CD in it. I told her the software was probably all on one cd, but she literally told me "no, get out" ... another customer told her she was fvcked up, if she doesn't know anything about the products she shouldn't assume sh!t, and she said she'd return it as a "one time courtesy."

___________________________________________________________________________________

:Q

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
u sound like an idiot
edit: maybe if you hadn't acted like a total dickhead (ie. bullsh*t, I don't give a fu*k etc.) you would have got what you wanted.

moonshinemadness

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2003
Haha id have kicked her goddam ass out of the shop and halfway down the street for talking to me like that.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
wtf that's pretty messed up. Next time tell the manager you want the district manager's phone number and see how he reacts.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Starting to curse at people, raising your voice etc. Is not the best way to get people to work with you.

Just a thought.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Go get your 5 pack of 60$ CD's returned
You tried to do the right thing , language doesn't help your cause any BUT they still should have refunded your mopney

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Hmm, well I guess they do suck. But also don't curse when dealing with customer service. It puts them (anyone in fact) on the defensive and makes it 10X as hard to get anything out of them at that point.

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
well the first time i cursed, when i said "this is bullsh!t" i wasn't really trying to be insulting, i was just pissed at the situation...then when she turned back and became a bitch about it, i didn't hold back...

...but yeah, cursing wasn't helpful to my cause, but i really don't think it changed the final outcome.

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Originally posted by: alkemyst
damn got pwn3d twice by a girl at CC...you iz teh sux.

LOL yeah, an old crusty indian
rolleye.gif
(take no offense, i'm indian too)

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
"The customer is always correct"

- no. I deal with customers every day, and for some reason people LOVE to think this.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I knew this kind of thing would start happening as soon as they switched away from commissioned employees.

While I agree with you that CC is falling to sh!t, let me say that I think you sound like anything but an ideal customer.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I love dealing with people like you. They scream and curse, but in the end, i have all the power. "What alternative do i have?" You have none! "I want to speak to a manager." You can't, he doesn't handle issues like this, i do... and even if they leave and go looking for the manager, he just refers him back to me.

I get most of my kicks throughout the day dealing with people that want something that's out of the range of our policies.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
A store is under no obligation whatsoever to give you a refund. It's only the stores policy if they wish too.
You are a fvcktard going in there thinking they owe you everything and otta kiss your ass.

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Originally posted by: bernse
A store is under no obligation whatsoever to give you a refund. It's only the stores policy if they wish too.
You are a fvcktard going in there thinking they owe you everything and otta kiss your ass.

You are a fvcktard if you think its wrong for me to return something I legitimately purchased from there. It's not my job to fight with braindead fvcks, or to jump through hoops because of THEIR error. This isn't a third world country where once you buy something, you're stuck with it.

As for your argument that employees are not required to be nice to customers: THEY chose to direct their lives into the retail industry for whatever reason, and one of their jobs is to serve the customer. This is just a guess, but you really sound like a disgruntled retail employee...

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: wasssup
Originally posted by: bernse A store is under no obligation whatsoever to give you a refund. It's only the stores policy if they wish too. You are a fvcktard going in there thinking they owe you everything and otta kiss your ass.
You are a fvcktard if you think its wrong for me to return something I legitimately purchased from there. It's not my job to fight with braindead fvcks, or to jump through hoops because of THEIR error. This isn't a third world country where once you buy something, you're stuck with it. As for your argument that employees are not required to be nice to customers: THEY chose to direct their lives into the retail industry for whatever reason, and one of their jobs is to serve the customer. This is just a guess, but you really sound like a disgruntled retail employee...

Yea, but aren';t you the fvcktard that can't balance your own budget by buying items that you don't really need?

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
This is unusual since CC has been really pushing their "no hassle return" policy.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: wasssup
Originally posted by: bernse

You are a fvcktard if you think its wrong for me to return something I legitimately purchased from there..

Here. I'll post this again. Seems you had trouble reading this the first time:

A store is under no obligation whatsoever to give you a refund. It's only the stores policy if they wish

Tough noogies. Go back later when someone else is working some other time. Maybe they'll try to kiss your ass.

Anyway, I decided that I just don't want to waste too much money on media, so I figured i'd return it

Nice reasoning. "I'll return something just 'cause I don't want it anymore". I'd tell you to go piss up a rope.

You seem to have a persecution complex that all these retail workers are out to get you. You may want to see a therapist about it. There are 2 sides to every story, and your side smells like something that I just put in the toilet bowl 10 minutes ago.

I'm willing to bet you're the one starting with the atitude and you're just getting it back.

BTW - Your guess is incorrect. I do not work in retail.

*edit for coding*