Chuck Liddell's Peanut Butter Smackdown

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
While looking for some info about Chuck's next fight (Shogun) I came across an article where they had Chuck sample different peanut butters and give his opinion. It's pretty well known Chuck likes to party and drink, but I had no idea he was such a big peanut butter fan. I love PB myself. This is a pretty worthless article but it was so bizarre I thought I'd post it.

Maybe Chucks belly isn't from beer lol.

WAR CHUCK!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
For years, Skippy was the standard in our house. Creamy for eating, Super Chunk for cooking.

For some reason, the last time my wife was shopping, Jif Creamy was on sale...so she bought that.

I LOVE peanut butter on toast for breakfast...and I gotta tell ya...I was disappointed in the Jif.

My opinion is that while "Choosy Mothers Choose Jif," Choosy Peanut Butter Eaters Prefer Skippy!

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Peanut butter is the greatest food known to man, of course manly men need to consider these things.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I need regular peanut butter like Skippy and then the kind without the sugars.

The regular is for when I want to spoil myself, the regular is for everything else. I prefer it chunky too. That white chocolate one has taken my interest...

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Extra crunchy Jif here...Skippy seems too sweet to me. I'm interested in that Smart Balance stuff, since I'd prefer something less sweet than Jif, actually. That is, if they make it in crunchy.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Oh, I also love how everybody likes to get the "natural" peanut butter over Skippy because of the sugar. You do know that the Skippy adds about 2 grams of sugar per serving? That's 8 calories. I'm sure that makes a huge difference (sarcasm).

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Living in almond growing country, (Kahleeforneeya grows 80% of the world's almonds) I have the opportunity to sample lots of varieties of almond butter...it's ok, but just ok...gimme my Skippy!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Trader Joe has an AWESOME all natural PB, I think it's as good as Jif, Skippy is okay Jif use to be my favorite but this Trader Joe's stuff is really great.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Good to know I'm not alone in liking the crunchy stuff. It was hell having braces.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Artisana Raw Organic Walnut Butter:

Chuck's Take: I don't really like this. It doesn't even taste like peanut butter.

No. Fscking. Way.

:roll:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Safeway's house brand all natural PB is better than TJ's, once you get done stirring the concrete off the bottom.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
best kept secret in the world...organic peanut butter (crunchy) chilled in the fridge. This is the kind with only 2 ingredients on the label (peanuts, salt).

It's the type with a layer of liquid goo on top of it that never mixes properly at room temperature. Once you keep it in the fridge overnight though, OMG it's so good. Nice solid...sticky...original...pure peanut paste. ;)

jiggahertz

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
Oh, I also love how everybody likes to get the "natural" peanut butter over Skippy because of the sugar. You do know that the Skippy adds about 2 grams of sugar per serving? That's 8 calories. I'm sure that makes a huge difference (sarcasm).

natty pb also does not contain hydrogenated oils

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Natural PB is the greatest thing on earth. I was a reluctant convert, but once I tried it I can't stand regular PB anymore.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
best kept secret in the world...organic peanut butter (crunchy) chilled in the fridge. This is the kind with only 2 ingredients on the label (peanuts, salt).

It's the type with a layer of liquid goo on top of it that never mixes properly at room temperature. Once you keep it in the fridge overnight though, OMG it's so good. Nice solid...sticky...original...pure peanut paste. ;)

Once in awhile I buy PB with Oil on top. It's good stuff, but I hate stirring it and there's always a mass of sludge at the bottom and the first half dozen servings are too runny.

All PB is good, I usually buy what's on Sale. I used to buy Crunchy, until one day I accidentally bought some Smooth and have stuck with it since. Just so much nicer to spread.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
When he's breaking his diet, he reaches for a spoon a jar of PB.

As much as I hate being picky about things, that right there stopped me only a few seconds into the article. The worst part is I can't read through a full article in any newspaper or publication recently it seems, without seeing something similar to that. Apparently, journalists have just plain giving up on proofreading their articles anymore.

That being said it's funny how all but one of them he'd eat no questions asked lol....I prefer JIF myself, although I don't eat it that often.