Chrysler's New Plan - Be Like Benz, Match Toyota's Quality By 2007

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: geno
If any one of the big three can do it, it's Chrysler.

LOL, GM will make it first.

Car buyers like Bill Barnes won?t wait that long. Chrysler lost him when the transmission blew on his Dodge Caravan at 39,000 miles. ?I just don?t have confidence in Chrysler anymore,? says the Florida salesman, who just bought a $29,000 Toyota Sienna minivan. Zetsche may want to repair relations with his minivan owners before he courts the uptown crowd. Otherwise, overcoming history may be the least of Chrysler?s problems. It might be history.
Buahaha. Chrysler - 0, Toyota - 1

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Are we talking about just the Chrysler brand going away, or does that include Jeep and Dodge?
Clearly years of pushing crappy cars on American consumers are coming back to haunt the big three.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
GM is over industry average already according to JD it looks like
Between their trucks, their plethora of dependable SUVs, and not to mention Caddy all help to bring their average up. GM, as a whole, makes great stuff, it's their cars that suck goat taint (save Cadillac)

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: boyRacer
lol... that shouldve been their plan in the first place.

:werd: They should have realized they needed to UN-Tarnish the Chrysler brand first and THEN bring it into the higher market.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: LAUST
So they are gonna dump their unions? :cool: ;)

Its not the unions....its the cheap a$$ people who chose to keep going to the low quality parts bins or not working with the OEM's directly enough to get the "kinks" worked out.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: geno
If any one of the big three can do it, it's Chrysler.

LOL, GM will make it first.

Kia and Hyundai will make it there before either Chrysler, GM or Ford!
No, not likely.

Initial Quality
Dependability Study
That's quite interesting.

Damn. I had no idea Kia was so bad.. worse than Daewoo??

That's pretty bad. :Q

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Hmm...and I saw a commercial today that said something about JD Power initial quality and the Kia minivan being #1.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
this is what happens when you go el cheapo, complacent, and hung by the balls by the unions.

soon the big three will be Toyota, Nissan, Honda :Q:p

Nyical

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2003
Hmm...and I saw a commercial today that said something about JD Power initial quality and the Kia minivan being #1.

Hey I saw this commercial were these 4 guys got on this pad thingie and got transported to a planet like a zillion
miles away ;)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Nyical

Hey I saw this commercial were these 4 guys got on this pad thingie and got transported to a planet like a zillion
miles away ;)

:p

Why would they lie about a JD Power quality survey? Just a wee bit easy to refute, eh?
rolleye.gif

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Editors' Most Wanted Vehicles for 2003
  • Kia added a fourth model to its 2002 mix, and it turned out to be a winner of a minivan. Moderately priced compared to its competitors, the Sedona is a true value with a beginning MSRP of less than $22,000. That's about $7,000 less than our Most Wanted Honda Odyssey, and for minivan shoppers who are on a budget, or for those who simply don't need the extra goodies that Honda packages into its Odyssey, the Sedona is a solid second choice. And thanks to the van's outstanding crash tests results, Sedona buyers can feel confident about strapping precious cargo ? their children ? into the rear seats.