Chrysler reports strongest quarter in 13 years

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
It's good news to be sure but it doesn't mean the bailout should have happened - especially the way it did. BHO gave his union buddies a pile o cash - can we please now move on and keep the gov't out of things since it's been proven yet again that it costs everyone money when they meddle.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
How long until they go bankrupt for the third time? :D

About 1 year after the country is dumb enough to again elect a Republican President. Six months earlier if they're dumb enough to elect Ron Paul (though they'd be going bankrupt at the same time as every other US company in that case).

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Why would the fate of Chrysler be under Mitten's control? You make it sound like they're still on the dole and incapable of supporting themselves.

Private equity guys like Romney brought Chrysler to its knees. Romney wanted it to go bankrupt. You are right, it's going to be OK as long as Romney is not in control of anything.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Private equity guys like Romney brought Chrysler to its knees. Romney wanted it to go bankrupt. You are right, it's going to be OK as long as Romney is not in control of anything.

Chrysler brought Chrysler to its knees for the 2nd time in 30 years.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
It's good news to be sure but it doesn't mean the bailout should have happened - especially the way it did. BHO gave his union buddies a pile o cash - can we please now move on and keep the gov't out of things since it's been proven yet again that it costs everyone money when they meddle.

No. It would have cost the economy dearly if they didn't act.

Let Romney and the GOP continue to argue against the auto bailout up through November. This should be fun.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Chrysler, now controlled by Italian auto company Fiat, came close to bankruptcy when it ran out of money at the end of 2008 after a series of business missteps. The carmaker needed $12.5 billion from U.S. taxpayers to survive.

America FUCK YEAH! Oops I mean ITALY fuck yeah! I agree with the GOP on this one, they should have let GM and Chrysler sink. They would have been replaced by something more efficient eventually (and Ford didn't need a bailout).

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Romney and Ryan are going to crash the US economy with their austerity experiments, like the Europeans crashed theirs. Then Romney can let Chrysler go bankrupt. And not just Chrysler, also part makers like Dana in Ohio and American Midwest that also were part of the auto rescue plan.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
No. It would have cost the economy dearly if they didn't act.

Let Romney and the GOP continue to argue against the auto bailout up through November. This should be fun.

ah yes, the old delay the pain tact. The market needed a correction as was evident by the state of the major companies. The gov't interfered and prevented the major correction it desperately needs. But yeah, i guess you never let a crisis go to waste if you can use other people's money to help your friends....

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
ah yes, the old delay the pain tact. The market needed a correction as was evident by the state of the major companies. The gov't interfered and prevented the major correction it desperately needs. But yeah, i guess you never let a crisis go to waste if you can use other people's money to help your friends....

Chrysler is going to repay that money. And it just had a blow out quarter. And millions of Americans had a job instead of collecting unemployment, which would have cost more and produced nothing. Why don't you tell those auto workers they desperately needed a major correction? Tell them Detroit and Ohio auto and parts manufacturers desperately needed to liquidate.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Chrysler is going to repay that money. And it just had a blow out quarter. And millions of Americans had a job instead of collecting unemployment, which would have cost more and produced nothing. Why don't you tell those auto workers they desperately needed a major correction? Tell them Detroit and Ohio auto and parts manufacturers desperately needed to liquidate.

Reality is a tough pill to swallow sometimes. And the reality is these companies (especially Chrysler) should have gone under long ago. The government made a mistake saving Chrysler in the 70s when Lee Iacocca was in charge. Back then the Japanese industry was still in its infancy and kicking Chrysler's ass. Now the Koreans are doing it, next it'll be the Chinese.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Chrysler reports strongest quarter in 13 years

Ummmm..

That's a pretty low bar to use as a standard, isn't it?

Get back to me when they start kicking Toyota's azz.

Fern

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
America FUCK YEAH! Oops I mean ITALY fuck yeah! I agree with the GOP on this one, they should have let GM and Chrysler sink. They would have been replaced by something more efficient eventually (and Ford didn't need a bailout).

Replace with what? What happens to Chrysler's supply chain or don't you give a fuck about that either?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Uh, the article posted and reality suggests otherwise. But hey, who needs to read and be informed...

I did and have told them.:) Sorry but it's just the plain truth. The value of the service/labor provided is less than it was previously. The market(ie consumers) should be the ones determining the fate of companies - not the gov't.

Hows that gov't motors volt doing? Hmmm...
waste waste waste...

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Replace with what? What happens to Chrysler's supply chain or don't you give a fuck about that either?

Who knows? Could have been taken over by Honda/Toyota/Hyundai or some other company that does a better job than GM or Chrysler. And Ford would have survived on their own and increased their market share even more, thus making the entire supply chain more efficient.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

"Major correction"... now I'm just a regular guy and I know virtually nothing about finance. What the hell does that mean?