chronicles of riddick dvd

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
At the beginning of the dvd there's a menu option prior to chosing "play" where you choose "convert" or "fight".

What the heck is that? What difference does it make?

Anyone know?

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
One is the extended version one is the movie theatre version.

Not a good movie anyways.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: LeiZaK

you could have just explained it yourself instead of wasting everyone else's time :p

Okay. To save you time; from the first result from Google:

First off, let me say that when playing the DVD, the first selection to come up is Convert or Fight, and no explanation of the choices. This confused me at first, so I will mention off the bat that they are simply different menu formats, that each menu has the very same options, simply different background visuals. Select either one and continue with the movie.

Merlyn3D

Platinum Member
Sep 15, 2001
I thought that movie was really entertaining. Good action. I liked Pitch Black as well.

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Originally posted by: LeiZaK

you could have just explained it yourself instead of wasting everyone else's time :p

Okay. To save you time; from the first result from Google:

First off, let me say that when playing the DVD, the first selection to come up is Convert or Fight, and no explanation of the choices. This confused me at first, so I will mention off the bat that they are simply different menu formats, that each menu has the very same options, simply different background visuals. Select either one and continue with the movie.
Thanks. Just sat through the movie and I didn't want to watch it again to look for differences -- unless someone said "oh, 'fight' is a much better movie!"
As for a movie, I'd give it a C+. OK time-killer, but not good enough to pay for. I've seen much worse. If you've seen everything else, it's worth checking out from the library -- or maybe a budget rental. Don't expect any award winning performances -- but some of the effects are cool.