Chrome doesn't register certain mouseclicks

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
Anyone have this issue?

I have an Acer Aspire S7 (the 2014 version). It's touchscreen as well, which will become important later on as it's where things start to get confusing.

So I've noticed that after a while of browsing Chrome, the program will stop registering certain actions from the trackpad and touchscreen. At first I thought it was a system issue, until I realised that this was only happening in Chrome and no other browser.

So what doesn't register?

Trackpad clicks
Trackpad gestures
Touchscreen clicks in the tab bar and address bar - clicks on the actual pages will register fine.

What does register?

Trackpad scrolling
Trackpad clicks and gestures in the Windows taskbar, even when fullscreen.
Touchscreen gestures.

Anyone experienced this before? At first I thought it could be a toggle, but everything appears to reset after restarting Chrome, so it seems like a bug. Not sure whose fault it is though.

Any suggestions?

Mushkins

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone have this issue?

I have an Acer Aspire S7 (the 2014 version). It's touchscreen as well, which will become important later on as it's where things start to get confusing.

So I've noticed that after a while of browsing Chrome, the program will stop registering certain actions from the trackpad and touchscreen. At first I thought it was a system issue, until I realised that this was only happening in Chrome and no other browser.

So what doesn't register?

Trackpad clicks
Trackpad gestures
Touchscreen clicks in the tab bar and address bar - clicks on the actual pages will register fine.

What does register?

Trackpad scrolling
Trackpad clicks and gestures in the Windows taskbar, even when fullscreen.
Touchscreen gestures.

Anyone experienced this before? At first I thought it could be a toggle, but everything appears to reset after restarting Chrome, so it seems like a bug. Not sure whose fault it is though.

Any suggestions?

Can you clarify? Do trackpad clicks/gestures not work in *all* apps when this happens until Chrome is restarted, or do they specifically not work in Chrome but work everywhere else?