Christmas is White Supremacy in Action

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
https://lasentinel.net/building-bla...e-capitalism-in-the-wake-of-donald-trump.html

White-supremacist capitalism is driven by profit and there is no more profitable time than the Christmas season.
This season, more than all others, Black Lives Matter is asking people to wake up, to be conscious of our own economic power, and to protest – not just in the streets – but in the malls. Black Lives Matter is dreaming of and building for a #BlackXMas, where we divest from White corporations and invest in building Black community. Rather than lining the pockets of Trump and other White-supremacist capitalists...

If you must buy, #BuyBlack. Consider buying a book for your children from Black independent bookstores like Eso Won or cultural items from Zambezi Bazaar – both in Leimert Park.

We are reminded that “Black Friday,” “Cyber-Monday” and the rash of consumerism that is put upon us is not our tradition; it is programming and only White-supremacist capitalism benefits.

Wow. People have certainly forgotten how to think critically and understand other people. Going to be an interesting 4 years, to say the least.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I think that any group that focuses on a single race promoting its needs above others is misaligned and I cannot support it. I don't support BLM any more than I can support right wingers trying to take away a woman's right to choose. We have laws that apply equally to all people and a crime is a crime regardless of who the involved parties are. Racism has many faces and BLM is just another among them. I see BLM as the new Klan.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think that any group that focuses on a single race promoting its needs above others is misaligned and I cannot support it. I don't support BLM any more than I can support right wingers trying to take away a woman's right to choose. We have laws that apply equally to all people and a crime is a crime regardless of who the involved parties are. Racism has many faces and BLM is just another among them. I see BLM as the new Klan.

Ah, the great myth: that BLM is pushing black needs above others.

Black Lives Matter is not saying that other lives don't. It's drawing attention to a problem with institutionalized police racism that had been neglected for decades. If one house in a neighborhood is on fire, you don't ask the fire department to spray every house in the area with water because "all houses matter."

What that writer is asking for is certainly a bit much -- try telling your kids that you're not getting them a PS4 because you think GameStop is part of an oppressive system. However, I don't think this is a black separatist statement so much as an attempt to create a holiday culture that isn't white by default, to figure out its own identity when it's not dictated by the establishment. Flawed, but not necessarily wrong. Personally, I would take an "and" approach rather than "or;" I would encourage the black community to carve out its own space and diversify, but not to feel guilty about heading to Best Buy or Nordstrom.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Ah, the great myth: that BLM is pushing black needs above others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9pHidD8sc

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...e-black-lives-matter-20160705-snap-story.html

It's not a myth. Some, not all, people who call themselves a part of BLM do put their own needs above others and openly put down others for being interested in and advocates of subjects other than race.

Black Lives Matter is not saying that other lives don't. It's drawing attention to a problem with institutionalized police racism that had been neglected for decades. If one house in a neighborhood is on fire, you don't ask the fire department to spray every house in the area with water because "all houses matter."
It's more analogous to a house in my neighborhood is on fire, and the fire department is labelled racist if they put out this fire because someone else's house five states over didn't get put out fast enough to save anything inside.

Your analogy doesn't fit the situation. I've not heard any white person say the police need to focus on better treatment of white people. However, you do hear many voices under the BLM title saying people who are not devoted 24/7 to the problems they deem most important, are racist supremacists.

Last edited:

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009

The new Klan? Hyperbole much?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's not a myth. Some, not all, people who call themselves a part of BLM do put their own needs above others and openly put down others for being interested in and advocates of subjects other than race.

My beef is with those who say that BLM is primarily about prioritizing police violence against black people above other issues. That's not true, and it's frequently an attempt to delegitimize protests, to make people shut up and conform to authority. To avoid dealing with uncomfortable truths.

It's more analogous to a house in my neighborhood is on fire, and the fire department is labelled racist if they put out this fire because someone else's house five states over didn't get put out fast enough to save anything inside.

Your analogy doesn't fit the situation.

It fits the "all lives matter" retorts, at least. BLM as a whole is not saying that other issues in the world are unimportant. They just want to point out that excessive police violence is disproportionately targeted at black people, and fix that. The problem is that BLM isn't immune to the fracturing that most protest movements face: it's hard to get everyone on the same page, and you'll get groups that misinterpret or misrepresent the message. By all means tell BLM members not to override an LGBT pride parade, but don't assume that they all act that way and that the movement has to end.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Figures the left supports these racist. Its ok to be racist if your not white in the lefts eyes

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
My beef is with those who say that BLM is primarily about prioritizing police violence against black people above other issues. That's not true, and it's frequently an attempt to delegitimize protests, to make people shut up and conform to authority. To avoid dealing with uncomfortable truths.

It fits the "all lives matter" retorts, at least. BLM as a whole is not saying that other issues in the world are unimportant. They just want to point out that excessive police violence is disproportionately targeted at black people, and fix that. The problem is that BLM isn't immune to the fracturing that most protest movements face: it's hard to get everyone on the same page, and you'll get groups that misinterpret or misrepresent the message. By all means tell BLM members not to override an LGBT pride parade, but don't assume that they all act that way and that the movement has to end.

My problem with BLM is that it ignores black crime rates and so is detached from reality. FBI data indicates that black persons per capita commit murder at 700% the rate of white persons. BLM and similar movements act like the prison population should reflect demographic percentages.

To reach such percentages, effectively you would have to not prosecute many crimes because of color of skin.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
That is some very lame reasoning. We clearly have one race promoting themselves above others which is exactly what the KKK does for white people and I support neither.
Figures the left supports these racist.
Not everybody on the left supports them. Racism is racism no matter how you try to clothe it. This is just lipstick on a pig.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
BLM Is the new Klan?

Right, pointing out the amount of violence and racism that people with similar melanin concentrations suffer, is clearly as bad as lynching, raping and advocating for the enslavement of said melanin-havers.

Christ almighty.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
BLM started with good intentions, and although Michael Brown was certainly the wrong person to rally around the institutional racism felt by the black community from the police in Ferguson and across the country was real. It's unfortunately derailed from this though and instead turned into a racist movement blaming whitey for everything and is full of people out seeking "persecution" so that they can feel part of it too.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
White-supremacist capitalism is driven by profit and there is no more profitable time than the Christmas season.
This season, more than all others, Black Lives Matter is asking people to wake up, to be conscious of our own economic power, and to protest – not just in the streets – but in the malls. Black Lives Matter is dreaming of and building for a #BlackXMas, where we divest from White corporations and invest in building Black community. Rather than lining the pockets of Trump and other White-supremacist capitalists...

If you must buy, #BuyBlack. Consider buying a book for your children from Black independent bookstores like Eso Won or cultural items from Zambezi Bazaar – both in Leimert Park.

We are reminded that “Black Friday,” “Cyber-Monday” and the rash of consumerism that is put upon us is not our tradition; it is programming and only White-supremacist capitalism benefits.
That was one large load of poop!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
BLM Is the new Klan?

Right, pointing out the amount of violence and racism that people with similar melanin concentrations suffer, is clearly as bad as lynching, raping and advocating for the enslavement of said melanin-havers.

Christ almighty.

No but this is divisional racism. As far as pointing out menanin related crime you really do not want to go down that road.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
So many white supremacists in China and Vietnam making those white supremacist products for the black community. :D

SlyFlourishXDA

Dec 16, 2016

You are incorrect on a few things here. We have laws that are "supposed" to apply equally to all people, yet they are not. A crime is a crime regardless of who the involved parties are is false. Why can't you accept that you and I did not grow up facing the same adversity POC and minorities faced. The law on paper is not supposed to be discriminatory, yet how it is carried out is certainly discriminatory. It makes me frustrated to hear people who don't understand BLM and label it as racism.