Christmas is coming

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Stores are fully lit with Christmas decoration now, and I even saw a house with Christmas lights today!

I should change my avatar. oh wait.

People should at least wait till there's snow on the ground though, or that Halloween is over. Whichever comes first.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Jesus,that is early.There was one guy were i grew up who had his up all year round.A strange fellow.He might of been just lazy though :p.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Walmart and biglots had jul decorations out weeks ago. It might have been september. Close to it anyway. Irritating. They're bypassing the best season of all. They didn't even have to put the boxes for the fall decorations away. Carry the stuff to shelf at the start of the shift, and rebox it before you leave for the day :^S

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Jesus,that is early.There was one guy were i grew up who had his up all year round.A strange fellow.He might of been just lazy though :p.

My local Cracker Barrel put up Christmas junk in July. I used to have a pic on BBZZDD.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I wish I had gotten a pic of this one time at Canadian Tire, they had the lawnmowers, BBQs, Halloween decorations, and Christmas decorations out all in line.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Staying out of stores goes a long way toward avoiding premature holiday-pushing.

Back at the beginning of October I was buying picture frames in Hobby Lobby. They had fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decor all rolled out simultaneously. I impulsively bought a pair of gray furry cones - abstract fir trees. They even had Halloween cones that looked a lot more tree-like with black feathers.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Started holiday shopping last week. A bit behind schedule, but most stuff gets bought at black Friday anyways.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
They should just keep all holiday decorations out year-round, and dedicate different sections of the store to each holiday. It would make more sense.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I thought they where joking when they said that their Christmas season starts when the months end in ER
My fiancée is filipina and her family put up Christmas decorations at the end of the September.

Also I saw Christmas stuff @ Costco in August.

Reactions: KMFJD

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I guess I need to start screwing people over so can I get a visit from the three spooks. I think it would be pretty cool to show the Ghost of Christmas Past all the new techno-crap.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Next time it's not raining I'll probably put my lights up too, need to clean the gutters too, so many leaves. I usually do it all at same time. I find it's faster to go on top of the roof instead of just staying on the ladder and moving it each time.

Still debating on if I want to retire the C9 incandescents. LEDS could be really nice but I find they are built down to a price so badly, that they arn't that great, but they have improved. Will have to go look at them. I need to build another bridge rectifier box as well and make it outdoor rated. You would think they would just put one built into the strands.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Why is it so hard for people and businesses to understand. Oct 1st: Start Halloween, Nov 1st: Start Thanksgiving, Dec 1st: Christmas.

Too much trying to 1-up each other by starting earlier and earlier. Makes everyone look dumb.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Holidays are coming.

Happy Holidays everyone!

All Holidays Matter.
7G3zITG.png

Reactions: sandorski
Oct 20, 2005
Stores are fully lit with Christmas decoration now, and I even saw a house with Christmas lights today!

I should change my avatar. oh wait.

People should at least wait till there's snow on the ground though, or that Halloween is over. Whichever comes first.

I saw some stores have Christmas decorations as early as late September this year O_O